1st Day BUST poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2007.

?
  1. #1 S Michael Griffin

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. #50 RB Chris "Tinman" Brown

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  3. #80 WR Paul Williams

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

I don't think any of 'em will bust.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

True...

It's certaintly possible that Griffin would have been gone at our pick in rnd 2...but I think Nelson's the better player and would have taken him over Griffin at #19. But if we'd had played hardball with Cleveland and gotten the deal Dallas got (first rnd 2008 and their second rnd 2007...which would have been easier considering we picked higher than the pick they eventually got and had just found out Balt was trying to trade up for Quinn)....let's assume NE takes Griffin...we would then have had our choice of trading up to get Merriweather (S) whom the Colts might have taken, DE Spencer, or Benn Grubbs. Or assuming those players were gone and we stayed pat and both Griffin and Meriweather were both gone...we could have taken OG Blalock to replace Olson, CB Houston (with a competition between Scott, Lowry, Fuller and Finnegan for one safety spot)...or gone WR Sidney Rice, or traded back a bit in rnd 2 (getting another mid round pick) and gotten a Kalil (to replace Mawae down the road and perhaps Olson now) and Piscatelli (if we still wanted a good S). Add in a likely EXTRA top 10 pick in rnd 1 next year...and we'd be in great shape (better than where we are now).

If Griffin and Henry become stars...great...it all works out. But the odds are against it. Still, I'm hoping Henry can be the next Jamaal Lewis and Griffin can be the next Ed Reed. I just think they could have done better.

Even scarier is that they reached for Henry in rnd 2...so what does that tell you about the confidence (or lack thereof) they have in LenDale?

Gut

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, he did leave out Paul Williams nickname ,which is The Freak

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

remember that SEVERAL teams spoke and worked out Henry
    I believe New England had worked him out 3 different times
    I would guess ,had we not taken him, he would have been picked by the end of the Round.
    imo, he would not have been around at the spot where we drafted PW

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Paul Williams nickname is not "The Freak" it's Chris Henry's. Look at my sig I didn't make one up for him myself. He even said it in an interview when asked about his nicknames.

Anyway I think we should have taken Ross round 1. then Charles Johnson round 3 not Williams. I like the Henry pick he is a good kid with the attitude and work ethic to be great along with his physical attributes being out of this world. Everything was stacked against him at Arizona but what he has shown is potential.

0 Fumbles his whole career and he can catch the ball 21 rec.

His running ability was not able to be utilized under that scheme. Plus they had no QB which equals no passing game and their O-line was to be nice......horrible. When he had 13 carries or more they were 5-1. Vs. Oregon he went off for 191 yds on 29 carries 6.6 avg long of 61 yds 2 td's. Recieving he had 1 rec. for 21 yds and a td.

6. i honestly believe that these guys are going to be very very good, and we are going to be happy to have them, and Paul Williams nickname is "The Freak" not Chris Henrys

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Williams was nicknamed The Freak I know that for certain. Not sure if Henry was nicknamed that as well.

8. i dont think that henry had a reason to be named the freak

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

because he is so athletic for someone his size.

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I remember reading Chris Henry's was "The Mutant" as one nickname.

I know Paul Williams was "The Freak"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar