'15 Titans vs '09 Bama

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Razorbacks, Dec 28, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

However, "ever" means ever....both now and yesteryear. Your comment about yesteryear was probably also said back then when comparing to athletes in the 30s, and will likely be echoed 30 years from now about today's players. Not sure what your point is with that.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

point is no college team anywhere from anytime could beat an NFL team today.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

OK...I could see that, but that is not what you said originally.

However, I would not necessarily bet against a college team against what I saw yesterday. Antonio Andrews? Mett? That revolving door of OL scrubs (not too many college superstars out there right now I don't think).

That said, this is a pointless discussion since these matchups never happen anymore.

4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

b-b-but it's Bama and they are in the almighty SEC which everyone knows would be the best division in the NFL.

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Now I am supposed to remember a college team from 5 years ago?

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

plus the college kids probably treated that as their biggest game ever, and the nflers treated it as they do probowls these days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yep.. A once in a lifetime, highly motivated college team might have a chance vs a non-caring, dysfunctional NFL team who hardly tries. Talent is a big part, but not everything.

If the US amateur hockey team could beat Russia's all-professional team in the Olympics (miracle on ice), then almost anything is possible. That is a much bigger talent disparity than NCAA to NFL.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I dunno. USA is greater at everything

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Russia cheated the rules and had their absolute best players in the country, in the Olympics, people who would be NHL players now. And Russia is a hockey juggernaut. Much more so than the USA. All of the USA's guys were absolute amateurs (as the rules demanded)

It's pretty much like NHL vs. NCAA.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As noted earlier, the Super Bowl winners used to play a game against college all stars. I remember specifically as a kid seeing The Steelers playing College All Stars.
    Bartkowksi and Walter Payton were the leaders of the college team and almost beat the Super Bowl champs..
    How freakin weird is that game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar