13th overall pick...done deal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by vinceisalive, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i agree as well... less money for more talent in the late first round and more money for less talent in the early 1st round. todays nfl draft is abount finding key players in the later rounds any way.....

2. 24

24 Starter

The problem is other teams know this also. We have to find someone to trade down with, and I doubt we'd get much anyway. Especially if we're just swapping first rounders.

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Maybe we could get a 3rd-4th rounder or a decent player out of it.

4. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

your right but if the right situation comes up(another team wants to move up and snag somebody that wont be there when they draft ETC.) we may get more then you think. funny thing is i dont remember the titans ever moving up or down in the first round of the draft so the chances of this happening are unlikely......

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Patriots may just be the golden team. Late 1st rounder. Has 3 2nd rounders.

Patriots have the 23-32nd 1st round pick (pending on playoffs). Then the 10/11, 16/17, and 23-32nd pick (pending on playoff).

Patriots receive 16/17th overall pick.
    Titans receive 23-32nd pick 1st and 2nd.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

won't happen; the pats are stockpiling picks for players with the upcoming possible no CBA agreement, not a move upwards; that deal's a bit too madden-esque ideal

also, because of the way the strength of schedule tiebreaker works, it flops every other round for the tied teams; so 2nd round they get the 13/14 pick, not 16/17

but we wouldnt be giving up much for them to actually want that trade (we have to lose something significant too, and they'd be asking to gain more than just a 1st rounder - like maybe a 3rd or later too - unless they end up with the 32nd pick and we try to trade for that 2nd rounder)

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Patriots never trade up.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No 2nd round they'll get 13/14 pick AND 16/17 pick. They have both the Jaguars and Titans second rounder... as well as their own.

9. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

McClain is able to play outside as well.

10. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Just watching the BCS Championship so far, I've been really impressed with McClain and Kindle. I'd LOVE for us to get McClain, even if we resign Tulloch. Bulluck was probably gone already, now he's criticizing the coaches outright and had an injury- not a good combo for getting a new contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar