10 for 1????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The "I" is for inferior. :))

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

maybe not that unlikely, baisically there are 2 slots the lions are looking to trade into, 4-7 to get Joe Thomas, and 18-22 to get Joe Staley, the bucs have galloway, the skins dont need a reciever, the cardinals are alrdy set at WR. now, the vikings might be able to get in there, but i dont see them having alot of the necissary trading chips to close a deal, to many pressing needs to give up so much, now we start at the 18-22 slot, The Bengals might go for a receiver but they wouldnt waste that much when they can get a receiver like Ginn, Bowe, or Meachem right there at 18. Tennessee obviously a pressing need at WR could be the best case scenario to land Johnson, plus they have 10 draft picks, and i dont think MR is as much as a draft pick fanatic as Reese was, at 19, the lions might be selecting.

Then we start at pick number 20, the giants, could go for a running back, or defense on this one, litttle chance of them drafting a reciever let alone trading up for Johnson. at 21 the Denver Broncos definatly dont need joe staley, but want a receiver, but the problem is they are still hurting from recent trades, like a couple of years ago there jump with the redskins...then there is the dallas cowboys at 22, for them i see it virtually impossible to jump 20 picks and add johnson to there rostter, they just dont have the ammuntiion to do it.

Saying all this, i think the team that has the best chance to land Johnson is the Sanfrancisco 49ers, they have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds, so they can definatly close a deal if they want to.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Pick #2 is worth 2600 points on the draft trade value chart. Our picks 19, 80 and 115 only add up to 1051 points. The difference, 1549 points, is roughly equivalent to pick 7 in round 1. Bell is a fine player, but he ain't worth all that.

The trade chart is not the Bible, but that's a ridiculously lopsided trade in favor of the Titans.

4. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i wouldnt do it, johnson could get hurt or shot, and we just blew our whole draft

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Holy crap Riverman. I think I just pissed myself.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

NO NO NO.
    It wasn't so long ago when Ditka did this same stupid thing and sacrificed the entire NO draft with Washington to get Ricky Williams. Washington in turn got Champ Bailey with their belated first round pick. This hurt NO badly for years to come. You may also recall Minnesota made the same idiotic mistake for Herschel Walker in 89. Dallas laughed all the way to the bank..

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and Dallas built a Super Bowl team thanks to that trade

We are a team that clearly wants to build via the draft
    you'd think we'd be in good shape, but obviously drafting 3 DE's one year and 3 WR in another and we still need help at both spots (and both are considered to be to be at least in our first 3 picks)
    kind of makes one :irked:
    or even :barf:
    and alot of us are going :huh:

but I'm pretty sure that Calvin Johnson, as good as he is, would NOT solve all our offensive problems or set any NFL records in this offense
    and certainly isn't worth surrendering 3 high picks and one of our more promising OL

if anything, I'd like to see us package a few second day picks to maybe get another pick in the second

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks. I was wondering if anybody would get it.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

CJ is no Ricky Williams though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar