10-6 gets us in

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I've been messing around with the playoff generator and I can't see any scenario where realistically 10-6 doesn't get us in.

If Houston beats Cincy we've got a really good shot, because in that scenario the Jets or the Raiders/Broncos would have to win out to pass us.

Even if Cincy beats Houston, they will lose one more game to the Ravens ideally and finish the season 10-6 (they could lose to the cardinals and rams IMO). At 10-6 they would have the tiebreaker over us, but if the Jets OR Broncos/Raiders finish 10-6 we hold the tiebreaker in any 3-way tie.

We either have to beat the Saints or the Texans in order to get to 10-6. It doesn't matter which of those games we win. Hopefully we can take care of business at home next weekend.

If we win out it's almost a guarantee we're in.

What we want this week:
    TEN WIN
    CIN LOSS
    DEN WIN

I figure if we get 2/3 of the things we want to happen every week we'll be set.

heres how I see it playing out

[​IMG]

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Actually, 10-6 only gives us about a 45-50% chance of making the playoffs.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

So basically we need to go 3-1 and we need the Bengals to lose 2 games and we'll be in I think. The Broncos & Raiders will lose at least 1 more game.

4. TheSureThing

throw the stats out the window and use intuiton...There are games that you know the Bengals will lose, and you know the Titans will win.

5. TheSureThing

I honestly think the Bengals could lose 3 of 4...They haven't impressed me at all this season.

If the Bengals fall off we hold the tiebreaker with any other team

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

10-6 means beating either beating the saints or the texans. other two we should win.

7. TheSureThing

exactly. All of our game left are winnable, and we can spare one. Jacksonville and Indy SHOULD be gimmies, if we lose to them we don't deserve a playoff spot.

Houston has a rookie QB in and Andre Johnson just got hurt again.

New Orleans is a completely different team on the road, the Rams and Bucs took care of them at home so why shouldn't we?

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'm not so sure the Bengals lose next week. They suffered a brutal defeat at the hands of the Steelers this week, they're returning home, and they don't tend to have terrible off-games like the Falcons have occasionally had this season.

And with two of their remaining games being against Arizona and St. Louis... well, we'd need one of those teams to perform a miracle. Maybe St. Louis since that one's on the road. Though really, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals manage to beat the Ravens at home, that was an incredibly close game at home for the Ravens, so I could see Cinci beating them in the last week.

I'd more be rooting for us to win out and for the NYJ to win out so we can get the three-way tie scenario.

I'd also rather the Cows lose to the Bengals, so if we win out at best they only get one home game and no bye week.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i still think houston will be literally dragged in by their defense...
    we'll see with NO... but i think the bengels' inexperience at the QB position will hurt them.... well.. unless the teams they play decide to do something stupid like sit their players... >.>

10. TheSureThing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar