1 year post Mularkey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

The Titans fired Mike Mularkey a year ago today. midday 180 asked the question - How do you feel about the state of the franchise compared to a year ago today and about the progress made in that time?

I was happily surprised when Mularkey was let go. I feel that his team overachieved due to Watson and Luck being out all year, and the team being almost completely healthy. Very few players improved under Mularkey, and the ceiling was very low with the style of play being implemented. I do not feel that a Mularkey coached Titans would've achieved what Vrabel did this year, and that the long term future is brighter with Vrabel.
    With the most injured team in the NFL, Luck and Watson healthy all season, and a brand new system being implemented, Vrabel's team won just as many games as Mularkey's did.

I'm more excited about the future now than I was last season, even after a playoff win. The biggest negative change from a year ago to today is my faith in Mariota. A year ago I believed he could get over the hump and be an elite franchise QB. At this point, I no longer believe he will be a Titan after next season.

What are your thoughts?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Vrabel been good so far

It is impressive we did as well as we did.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Id feel a lot better if we dont promote one of the assistant coaches to OC TBH

But before news broke that we needed an OC Ive been satisfied, not happy but Ive seen enough out of Vrabel to be optimistic.

4. The Hammer

Get ready for Arthur "Morgan" Smith -- you know JRob wants it

[​IMG]

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nah Im holding out hope we might shoot for a real OC.

Maybe the Saints OC Pete Carmichael..?

6. The Hammer

I prefer not to get my hopes up on pie in the sky

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm glad Mularkey is gone. But I can't say I'm necessarily impressed with where we sit 1 year later. Same exact record, except no playoffs. Mariota regressed. Again. Hard. Just lost our brand new OC.

I was never thrilled with the Vrabel hire. More so just happy to be rid of Mularkey. But we've seen some good and some bad with Vrabel. We all expected some bumps in the road for a first time HC so I'm good with that. But I'm also not ready to crown him as the answer just yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Sucks this game isn't on PC

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. The Hammer

Only for people who do not have a console :)

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

it's overrated dont worry

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar