09' Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Yossarian, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bears are having a great draft. Just got Freeman.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm gonna be real honest here and I'm not just saying this because we're on a Titans site but we have a great draft class right now guys. I haven't been real big on Britt but I think he'll contribute immediately on the outside or at worst start as the #4 WR. I know some don't understand the Marks pick but trust me, he's gonna be a good one. He can penetrate through the hole quick and has some of the best footwork any DL has. At first I was super confused about Jared Cook but he's a WR in a TE body and we finally have that dependable target who is the best TE in the class after the catch. I was going for DJ Moore but Ryan Mouton's style of play reminds me of Finnegan but with more speed. He can return kicks and will be a good gunner on special teams. It'll be interesting what position he'll end up at because he can also play WR. Very underrated CB according to some sites. Gerald McRath is a 3rd down LB who is really good in zone coverage. Which is exactly what the Titans ask from a LB since we mainly only rush 4. Take a look at his stats and has was the C-USA POY. Then we have Troy Kropog. I don't know much about him but read that he could play OG which makes the most sense and is a great pass blocker. So far we're doing pretty good.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So Mouton has more speed than Finnegan? He must be an olympic sprint champion then because Finnegan is probably the second fastest guy on the team behind CJ.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am furious that the Ravens took Jason Philips and that the Jags took Jarrett Dillard. Awesome.

5. The Playmaker

Finnegan: 4.46
    Moulton: 4.47

yeah my bad

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Pat Willis & Scott McKillop bolstering the middle for San Fran. Mike Singletary couldn't be happier I'm sure.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Mouton is at least a low 4.4 guy, maybe even a 4.3 guy. He pulled his hammy during his run at the combine, and still posted a 4.48. He's a burner that's for sure.

8. The Playmaker

Dang he pulled his hammy but still ran a 4.48! Yeah he's a 4.3 for sure.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Finnegan ran a 4.33 and 4.35 at his pro day and watching him play proves he can run with anyone. Saying another guy we drafted is faster doesn't make sense. I hope Mouton is as fast but for a player to actually be faster he would be in CJs territory and an olympic sprinter. I wasn't trying to be a smart :grrr::grrr::grrr: but now I'm not sure I shouldn't be.

10. The Playmaker

Well I guess we'll find out in camp over the summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar