'06 NFL Draft Interview: Matt Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Between now and draft day, goTitans.com will do an interview on the candidates most likely to be chosen by the Tennessee Titans with the third pick of the 2006 NFL Draft. Our second interview is with Todd Harmonson of the Orange County Register. Harmonson has covered USC Trojan football the past six seasons and has known Matt Leinart since he arrived at training camp his freshman season in August 2001.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001370.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Decent read. I look forward to his pro day.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The comments regarding his injury history worried me a bit. The high school shoulder surgery didn't bother me, but the elbow tendinitis did. Tendinitis is inflammation surrounding the tendon, usually from excessive use in a short amount of time or a physical anomaly. Likely to cause problems in the future. It does bother me that he has had 2 significant injuries in 6 years with his throwing unit.

The article also pointed out that Leinart is no Carson Palmer and he struggles with the deep ball.

Obviously, I don't want to use our pick on Leinart.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I didn't see that comment as meaning Leinart doesn't have a deep ball. But it didn't sound very convincing he has a gun either. He'll need to quiet some rumors on his Pro Day April 2.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Good stuff Jeff.

"He has a strong arm, throws an extremely catchable ball, an uncanny pocket awareness and the toughness to take a hit"

April 2 ProDay - "Those around him have said that he’ll shock some critics with what he’s able to do that day. We’ll see"

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The ball is certainly in Leinart's court. He needs to be impressive on his pro day to keep his spot as the #1 QB IMO. If he shows any weakness on some of the throws it could drop him a bit. Personally I hope he does great in his workout and falls to us at #3.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You know many of those who will be there will have also attended Cutler's and Young's workout. It'll be interesting to see if there is any consistency between the reports on them.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

This guys says a lot of stuff I agree with, but he seems to have a little bit of a homer attitude too, especially with regards to Leinart and Cutler. Cutler isnt the "flavor the week" for one, he has been a prospect guys kept have kept an eye on for the last few years. Secondly, what is he talking about Cutlers size? He is listed at 6 4 225, he is basically the same size as Leinart. And thirdly, anyone who knows anything about Vanderbilt football wouldnt think that Cutler not winning games would be a concern. That team was more competitive than they have been in years simply because of Cutler. I just get the feeling this guy is trying to sell Leinart and missing the boat with his comparisons to Cutler.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IMO, Cutler is a more complete QB than Leinart.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Jeez guys, can we quit labelling all these reporters homers? Of course they're not going to be 100% impartial. Thats one of the reasons Jeff has gone to them, instead of some reporter for the NY Times. He wanted the perspective of someone who has covered the player throughout their college careers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar