¡Me gusta Al Jazeera!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

All I'm saying is that its popularity is growing quickly ad probably faster that any other sport. Obviously it has the most room to grow and with the rapidly growing hispanic population we can only expect that growth to continue. I've read multiple article saying it will be rivaling other sports in the near future if it isn't already. I don't expect it to challenge for supremacy any time soon, but if you look at the progress it has made in just the past ten years it is almost unbelievable.

2. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I'm not saying that soccer has not grown at all, I'm saying that based off what I can gather there aren't many people that I know that give a **** about it. I realize it has grown but to say that it is or will be more popular in the U.S. than the four major sports I mentioned is crazy.

3. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

I played soccer when I was younger all i got out of it was destroyed shins, calves, and nuts. People just swing their legs like idiots in a group trying to kick the ball, soccer sucks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

How can a sport "nobody cares about" grow?

Backtracking, huh?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Fairweather Fan

Not many people I know care either, but that doesn't mean it isn't popular. I also won't at all be surprised to see it in the top 4 in the next 10 years. Not saying it will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

6. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

How can a sport leap the NFL like he said it could do when he just said it may not even get into the top four in the next ten years? Just because a sport has grown doesn't mean it's contending to be a major sport in this country. No backtracking here, like it or not it is what it is.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

well believe what you want but to most people in this country kickball won't be as popular as the NFL, college, NBA or mixed martial arts anytime soon.

8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Well it only cost 100 million to start a mls franchise, thats chump change compared to say, the Dallas Cowboys or Dodgers. That could explain how its "growing".

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Fairweather Fan

I never said it was going to leap the NFL.

10. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Yes you did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar