¡Me gusta Al Jazeera!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Yeah unfortunately there is no way to edit that part of it out without ruining the pic

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

It is popular with the youth because that's about as far as it goes in this country. Lots of kids play soccer at a young age. Doesn't mean it's a sport that's held in too high of regard in the majority of the U.S.

3. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

You may not enjoy it. I don't much care for it, but you can't deny it's growing popularity. It isn't on the level of the NFL, but if you think it isn't held in high regard then you are just refusing to look at the facts. MLS is continuing to expand. Only Brazil purchased more world cup tickets than the US last go around and that is because they were the hosts.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Look man it's understandable that you want to acknowledge the fact that it has grown in popularity but it's still not all that popular in this country for good reason. Regardless of what that idiot goodell does soccer is nowhere close to the level of the NFL and won't be in the foreseeable realistic future. To say otherwise is laughable. Like I said it will not even surpass NBA, MLB, mma, or college football for that matter anytime soon.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Technically it's correct, but it's High Spanish rather than colloquial peasant Español...and it's funnier.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

technically it means you give pleasure to American football lol. It is funny...

7. Fairweather Fan

Back to your original statement. You are wrong and this article would suggest it is rivaling the NHL, NBA, and MLB.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What??.....gustar is 'to like'. Did you learn Spanish from "Macarena"?

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Fairweather Fan

I'm gonna trust 520 on this one. lol

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I didn't bother with the article you're referencing once I realized it was published by aljazeera, no credibility for a terrorist network that's going out of business. If you really think soccer will be more popular than any of the four major sports in this country then more power to ya bud. It's a joke though

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar