Zachary Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Oct 22, 2012.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I was thrilled when we got Ayers in the second as he slipped. I thought for sure either Buffalo or New England would have taken him before us. He was the best pure LB in the draft after the guy from A&M. The other "Linebackers" taken ahead of him were actually DEs that 3-4 teams were going to convert.

Though I never expected him to be a big sack guy. My only hope is that he would turn into a good physical strong side LB who could stand up to some blocking and handle power backs. Which is what he has turned into. Not bad for a second rounder.
  2. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

No big plays? Sounds like Tulloch.
  3. Serjio

Serjio Special Teams Standout

He's got speed. if I'm correct,Brown was the fastest out of all OLB to run the 40 at the combine.
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

I don't think any defensive player can say they've played well to this point. When you're the worst defense ever, its a collective thing.
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

He's also only been in the league for 1 year and 7 games. Still young, but need to start seeing some big plays here soon.
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

After Sunday I would say our defence is at least better than Buffalo.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Jerry Gray filling a trash bag cause he knows he's gonna be collecting garbage off the highway next week if he doesn't get his stuff together

[​IMG]
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

No way.

We have a lot more weapons than buffalo does. Buffalo has at least proven they can hold A TEAM to less than 23 points. We haven't accomplished that. They've done it twice.
  9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

Overall the whole defence has pretty much sucked.

Ayers has been a bright spark for me, he seems to be the only consistent tackler in the team. I also like the fact that he has the speed to chase down ball carriers. I think he's doing great for his second year.
    I have also been very impressed with Zach Brown as well, I think he's made some nice plays, Would like t see him blitze the QB at least once this season.

As others have stated Linebacker is going to be a strong part of our team in years to come.

My biggest concern is McCarthy's health, and his ability to play a full season.
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I read Munchak say Mon or Tue that "we have our linebackers" in Ayers, McCarthy, and Brown. Said Spoon would play as well. But those 3 will start Sunday.