Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ImATitan, Mar 30, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    Mettenberger is garbage
    titan520 high fives this.
  2. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Only 2 Qbs drafted in the last 20 years were even remotely successful as starting nfl QBs. Aaron Brooks and David Garrard. Neither candidates for canton. Just 2 out of 22.

Something to think about the next time you say how you would love to get so and so QB to be available in rd 4.

If a guy makes it that far in the draft he is probably not much to get excited about.
    titan520 high fives this.
  3. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,422
    THANK YOU
  4. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $6,710
    I see what you are saying, but that is an example of a useless stat.

When examining a player, looking at completely different players who happened to be drafted in the same timeframe in the same light is not a valid approach.

"Well, Murray looks like a good QB who we graded out to have all the necessary traits to be a very good player... too bad it is the 5th round. Pass. The success rate of 5th round kickers is really high. Make the call!"

I don't see that conversation happening anywhere other than Jacksonville.

Trust your board. Trust your grade. If you are looking up at the round and the pick to judge a player, you are doing it wrong. Now I know you are probably referring to the average fan getting his hopes up over some late round guy; but the point stands.
    Scarecrow high fives this.