Zach Mettenberger aiming to be the Titans’ Week One starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Yet he still diluted his urine sample at the combine.

But hey, I also like the score!

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Mettenberger is like a new toy to everyone. They just want to play with it and use it because it's new, not necessarily better.

News flash, if the Titans are going to be successful in the next few years it will be with Locker as QB. I don't see any scenario when Mettenberger starts a game this year and us also making the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

My bad--knocked a few back last night and was feeling pretty good. I was comparing Jake to Steve McQeen in the movie Papillon. It was a classic flick about perseverence and determination after multiple failures leading to successfully escaping Devils Island. It was based on a true story. Anyway, after reading my post, I failed miserably.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This isn't true. People are excited about Mett because he can play the position and is light years ahead of where Jake was as a draftee. Given that Jake's progress has been so slowed by injuries I wouldn't be shocked if Mett quickly surpasses him. Jake is one injury away from never playing QB for us again.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I bet Rusty Smith was too.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Sucka

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You can keep deluding yourself if you want to, but comparing a QB taken at the end of the draft in the 6th round to one who was taken in the top 10 of the 1st round and saying that he's "light years ahead" is is borderline ignorant. By that same argument, you would have to agree that if Mett came out the year Jake did, he would have been a top 7 pick. I don't think anyone on here would agree with that statement. Even if Mett was healthy, he was only projected to go in the 2nd round this year at the highest, in a weaker QB class.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Jake should have never have been drafted as high as he was. Munch took that risk and failed big time and now Munch and Co are gone! We were the only team to want Jake in the top 10 let alone first round. He hasn't really developed in to anything due to injuries and 4 years in this is a make or break year for Locker.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I do agree that Jake wasn't worthy of a #8 then. His accuracy and consistency was argued as well at the time, It's just a damn shame about his health issues. I love his work ethic and attitude, and I want him to succeed, but I have to be honest when I say that I don't feel that he will be our QB much longer.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Locker has proven all his pre-draft critics correct. Inaccurate and injury prone. That's why his stock plummeted. We DID draft him too high. And the HC and GM are gone. We've blown SEVERAL top 10 picks. So top 10 doesn't mean chit to us.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar