Zach Mettenberger aiming to be the Titans’ Week One starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This story is huge on TR

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

SMH

Only go there if TJ spills sweet tea on the servers

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think the opening depth chart looks like this:
    1) Locker
    2) Whitehurst
    3) Mettenburger

But if Jake goes down for any significant period of time I think we're going to see Mett almost immediately jump in front of Whitehurst.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

If locker does go down and at this point I would say it is likely somewhat that he will I will be very excited to see what this kid has got. I'd say by now we know what we have in locker but the unknown can be awesome too! Can't wait to see this kid play!

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

If Locker goes down, and this kid shows promise.....bank on it

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

if jake stumbles and mett looks great in pre season, things could get a little closer than expected. It could become possible if we start losing games at beginning of regular season because we know whiz is quick to switch qb's. I by no means am hoping jake fails but i just want stability at the position no matter who it is. Mett seems to have a great attitude and cannon to match, who knows?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I just hope Locker turns the page and kills it this year, but I'm not counting on it...If he doesn't, here is to hoping Mett becomes our "Nick Foles" to the birds

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Is Jake a leper or something? I hear the talk of "I am behind him", but do not trust most of it from members on this board. That young man is going to lead us to great things this year, and our newly acquired 6th round pick from LSU will be but a whisper. Crazy to read some of you think that Mett is our new franchise QB. If anything, Jake is the man that took something from a known Leper, and put it in his mouth. Being asked afterwards- How did you know that my leprosy was not contagious?- He replied- I didn't! Free high five for the reference.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I like Mettenberger dropped a 30 on the Wonderlic.

I know the correlation to success stats, but I like the score anyway.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

overall- I have no idea what you are talking about, but the parts I can understand, I would respond with...

the fanbase here is clamoring for change. Basically a clean slate. I'm sure the tides will change for locker if he impresses this season, but for now, I would be thrilled to see just about every memory of the Titans from 2004-2013 stricken from the books.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar