You're losing more than games, Munchak.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If something doesn't work. You make changes.

This is simple logic. No matter how hard you try to fight it.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bollocks. Wtf are you on? I don't think you'te palying with a full deck. :crazy:

The line we have has been together for 23 games. It isn't ever going to get better.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Haahaaahaaa!!! I laughed so hard I almost choked on my coffee.:rotfl::rotfl:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Well apparently Munchak has no changes in mind.

Quote from Tennessean.com:

The Titans need to change the ugly results in their running game, but Coach Mike Munchak doesn’t plan on changing his lineup, at least not now.

The Titans will focus on fixing the problems without swapping out linemen or benching Chris Johnson, the coach said on Monday.

Johnson was held to 18 yards on 10 carries during Sunday’s 41-7 loss to the Texans. The Titans (3-3) are averaging an NFL-worst 64.3 rushing yards per game, and Johnson is averaging 2.9 per carry.

“We are not running the ball the way you’d like,” Munchak said, “but when you change the offensive line, it can’t be a one-week thought. You may mess up more things. … In the passing game, those five guys are doing a really good job.

Full article: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...won-t-bench-Chris-Johnson-jump-start-run-game

5. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

OK Coach Munchak, if the O-line is not the problem and CJ is not the problem then wtf is the problem? And how is this getting fixed? Are we waiting on a miracle to happen.
    All I know is this. 2009 the O-line was outstanding in run blocking and CJ had his 2K season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only changes to the O-line were at the G and C position. Basically Amano moved from G to C because of Mawea's departure and Harris took over Amano's spot at G. Nowadays the O-line is subpar at best in runblocking and CJ, well CJ stinks right now. Now that isolates the problem: Amano sucks at playing C and CJ has his head up his arse. Now fix those two positions and your running game should get better. It's not that freaking hard.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

One more thing i don't know if anyone picked up on it.I hate that phrase 'stay the course'.A president used it here a couple years back in reference to a war.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh stop! Guys couldn't block,tackle or cover anybody. Our defensive and offensive lines got pwned. How does preparation help that?

If the players are sluggish or not ready to play we can cite the coaches but do you think it is Munchak's fault that Griffin looked retarded on that pass to Foster?

If this becomes habit then we know that the coaching staff is not getting the team up and ready to play but after the Brown's game nobody would have said that.

There is no statistical proof that having an extra week has actually helped teams.

8. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

The players are culpable but this is a two way street. The Texans have played the same way all season and have been using Schaub's roll-out and bootlegs to excess ; why were the players so underprepared for these schemes and plays albeit their attempts to stop them on gameday stank ?

What film have they been watching prior to Sunday ??

Your personnel must show up thats true but Sunday we played the Texans on both sides of the ball like we'd never seen what they do in our lives.

Thats coaching.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jeff Fisher is alive and well, apparently.

"No no no... we can't change things. We'll keep sucking instead. Because changing things is far too risky. So suck-fest for all of 2011. Sorry guys. What is 'coaching' anyway?"

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I actually think the bye week gave us time to forget all of our problems and we simply forgot that we got the chit beat out of us against the Steelers. I don't like bye weeks after a big loss, some teams seem to lose focus. Maybe the Titans will remember against the Colts...

Side note: The Colts just got the almighty dog chit kicked out of them, I think they are going to play us really close on Sunday. Seriously. 62 Points? I'd be out for blood if I were the Colts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar