Your 'winners' of the 2015 Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The draft is over, so which teams drafts do you love? Obviously the Titans killed it, but besides them.

Baltimore Ravens. They picked up 3 new weapons for Flacco in Breshard Perriman, Maxx Williams, and Buck Allen. Also added two studs on D with Carl Davis and Za'Darius Smith. Also was a fan of Robert Myers (G from TN St) that they picked up in the 5th. They probably should of took a CB earlier, that's my only issue. Overall, loved the prospects, now I have to hate them because they're Ratbirds.

Minnesota Vikings. Adding Waynes next to Xavier Rhodes could be deadly. Eric Kendricks in the middle of that defense with Barr. They also got TJ Clemmings, who if medically checks out, will start RT for years in MIN. Stefon Diggs also a solid pickup in the 5th. Vikings could be fighting for the playoffs, AP is returning, Bridgewater year 2, added Mike Wallace. If Bridgewater takes the next step, Vikings could be legit.

New York Jets. Leonard Williams at 6? Didn't see that happening. Pairing with Wilkerson/Richardson on the DL, Revis/Cromartie/Skrine/Milliner in the secondary. Lorenzo Mauldin another guy I really liked, who can add a pass rush to their defense. Jets defense should be #1 in the league this year. Devin Smith added to Marshall, Decker, and Kerley. Also added Bryce Petty, my #3 QB.

2. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

Texans got handed a gift getting Jaleen Strong as late as they did. I'm not sure about the rest of their draft, but that pick was solid.

3. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Yup wish we took him instead of that G/OT

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Giants: Ereck Flowers OT/OG, Landon Collins S, Odighizuwa DE/OLB in the first 3 rounds. I like all three of those picks.

Bears: Kevin White WR and Eddie Goldman NT with first two picks, huge for them.

Vikings: Trae Waynes CB, Eric Kendricks ILB, Danielle Hunter DE first 3 rounds, thought that was great for their coach and philosophy to add that type of D. They also took 3 OTs, Clemmings in the 4th, Tyrus Thompson and Austin Shepard. Thought they hit it out of the park.

Saints: Andrus Peat OT, Stephone Anthony ILB, Kikaha OLB in first 3. Real questions about Kikaha's size. Add Garrett Grayson in the 4th to groom behind Brees, he is the QB I hoped we would select in round 4.

Cardinals: DJ Humphries OT, Markus Golden DE, David Johnson RB first 3 rounds. Really hit some good needs for them and building the line with the first two picks is good strategy.

Jets: Leonard Williams DE, Devin Smith WR, Lorenzo Mauldin OLB first 3 rounds. Best player in draft and a WR and OLB I liked, I approve.

Dolphins: Devante Parker WR, Jordan Phillips NT first 2 rounds (no 3rd rounder). They also added Ajayi RB in 5th. Cannot wait to see Phillips and Suh lined up side by side.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No Falcons and Jags? I thought they had great drafts.

Cardinals draft sucked IMO. Vikings and Giants solid for sure. I was already calling a Super Bowl for the Vikings within the next 5-6 years. JCB laughed... It's gonna happen though.

Jets draft was definitely great. Yet they still don't have a QB, so their elite defense will go to waste. They also were able to trade for Zac Stacy, which will definitely help. I assume he'll be the starter, only having to compete against Ivory and Powell.

Falcons were the most noticeable team throughout the entire draft for me, at least.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I was never all the way sold on Fowler. Yeldon is more the next Bama RB bust than the next Eddie Lacy (imo) and they drafted him in the 2nd. Not sure what else there was to really get excited about in their draft.

I considered listing the Falcons and do like their draft quite a bit.

Not sure how you can hate on the Cards draft that much. New starter on O-line and D-line and the correct type of complement back to Ellington.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wasn't a fan of Yeldon either... I wasn't as high on Fowler as most. don't think he'll be top 5 worthy, but he'll be solid.

But they did well throughout the rest of the draft. I thought Greene was a steal. That said, they're still the Jags. They'll suck. Always good for a W against the Titans though. We give them 50% of their wins. As they did for us last year.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The Vikings have had really really nice drafts since the Ponder draft. They have a ton of young talent and from just a normal fan perspective, they actually take players that many have heard of. I know you shouldn't evaluate that way but a lot of the draft "gurus" love them for that.

Jags had a really good draft unfortunately, Falcons did well even though I personally think they should have went Dupree over Beasley for their pass rushing needs, and the Saints had a sort of under the radar draft but very efficient.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Deuce Wayne, he got to ***** non-stop about another Titans draft :troll:

• LOL LOL x 3
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Honestly, I liked our draft. But to be honest, I'd have gone Williams at two, then pretty much the rest of the draft. Give Mett weapons, protection, and shore up the D. Not sold on Mariota, and think Williams will be solid in N.Y. Would have loved to see him beside Casey for a decade. Just saying. Add Orakpo and that's filthy, if our guys could stay healthy. Hell, can Brown stay healthy for a series? Morgan could benefit from the talent around him. Damn, I wanted Williams.

Please Mariota, make me wrong...

/rant

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar