Your top 10 greatest Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You could argue that but I wouldn't put KD as a top 10.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mason yes. He's on the list.

Drew Bennett?

Naw. Hell naw.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You wouldn't on your top 10.

This is my top 10 though. SO DEAL WIFFIT.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is Kearse being left off all these lists? Except for the year he broke his foot and only played 3.25 games he averaged 11.3 sacks a season.The best pass rusher in the titans era and a beast in our super bowl year.

Micheal Roos should also be on every list. He missed one game in 8 years and has played at a high level the whole time. Left tackle is considered one of the most important positions in the game today.

Some ignoring the rules set down in the original post. Old Oiler players don't qualify and since a player has to have been on the Tennessee franchise for 4 years short term players like Babin or even Kevin Carter do not qualify.

1. Matthews
    2. Bulluck
    3. Bishop
    4. McNair
    5. Kearse
    6. Roos
    7. Mason
    8. CJ
    9. Wycheck
    10. Eddie

Honorable mention:
    Haynesworth
    Rolle
    Hopkins
    Finney
    Stewart

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Rolle is a top 10 Titan.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie George is over rated by many on this board. Sorry but 3.6 yards a carry is average.

Eddie had 5 solid years for this franchise and was barely starting material if that after 2000.

Wycheck had a 7 year stretch where he averaged 635 yards receiving a season which was outstanding for that era and the offense we had.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Keith Bulluck appreciation page.

7 years he played at a pro bowl level and was one of the elite OLB in the whole nfl. In the entire nfl there was only one OLB in a similar role who might be rated higher and that is Derrick Brooks of Tampa.

Despite being similar type players and similar level players Brooks made the pro bowl every year even when he was past his prime while Bulluck only made one. A travesty! Brooks made 11 pro bowls!

It didn't help either that 2 of Bulluck's prime years were lost on the bench as a backup and that in some of his best seasons the defense as a whole sucked.

Time and again Bulluck lost out on pro bowl consideration to 3-4 OLBs who had big sack numbers and were more like a 4-3 DE than a linebacker. Not really fair.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You know what blows my mind about you? You always find a way to just out trump yourself with stupidity every chance you get.

So....a 10K yard back that averaged 3.6 yards per carry is average......right.....

Don't bring up the fact that he was THE guy while he was here and EVERYONE knew we were running it or passing it short. THEN don't bring up we were doing it during a time when defenses were built to stop the run.....

AND THEN you go on to say
    but bring that up......

:rolleyes:

just gtfo, you have no idea what your are talking about, as usual.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Eddie gets a little slack even with his mediocre career YPC because he was basically our entire offense for a few years.

Wycheck definitely should be on everyone's top 10 or near top 10 because he put up those numbers in an era where TE's only blocked. And he was also just as good of a blocker.

You're right about Roos and Bulluck. Bulluck should be on everyone's top 5 at the very least, he's arguably the most underrated linebacker in NFL history.

I see where you're coming from with Kearse, but I picked Rolle over Kearse for the final spot because a shutdown corner is a lot less common than a dominating DE.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rolle was not a shutdown Corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar