Your keys to the Titans improving from Browns loss?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

After getting over the ugly loss to the browns I had to look at what we struggled with that wasn't exposed in week one. Hopefully this early loss put some urgency into fixing some issues that the titans showed in week 2.

1. We have to address the offensive line. Pretty obvious but I'm not talking about changing the lineup. We've been there done that. The execution is not there. They are having a horrible time figuring out whose assignment is whose. I don't know exactly how they can fix it, I just think this unit needs to communicate better. They need to know each other's tendencies as well as strength and weaknesses.

2. Wide receivers against man coverage. It was pretty evident this was just as equally bad as the offensive line. Our wrs struggled to get open all game. To me it seemed like the route running was to predictable, not a lot of faking and juking one way and then going the other to fool the DBS. Too much effort was put into just trying to get off the line of scrimmage. This looks to be an ongoing struggle as long as Harry Douglas is in the starting lineup. DGB needs to start seeing the field more to help with this issue.

Other notes
    3. Careless penalties
    4. Loss of focus(DBs)
    5. Ball security

If we can fix most of these issues I actually see a playoff team.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You failed to mention mariota taking more chances instead of only throwing it if his wrs are completely wide open. Or him not fumbling.

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

The last thing we need is mariota throwing a lot if ints. Especially with his fumbling issue which I described as ball security. Have our wide receivers really shown any chance of making plays with a defender all over them? Not many.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Your statement for #1 - Whiz made a comment that they need to do a better job getting to the line of scrimmage after calling the play. They were rushing making calls which confused the OL in pass protection. Hopefully they worked on it this week.

Your statement for #2 - The receivers were getting separation, obviously not every play, but Mariota had to get the ball out quicker than he wanted because of the pass rush. Remember the play Mariota's shoe came off? He had Wright wide open across the middle, but the pass rush got to him before he could notice. I know that's only one play. The pass rush was screwing everything up.

We definitely need to protect the ball better. That really hurt us.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Punt coverage is ultimately what cost us the Browns game, can't surrender 150+ yards and let them always have ideal field position every drive.

If they're not starting midfield we easily force a few more 3 & outs, they're not an efficient offense...

Luckily Phillip Dorsett isn't an elite punt returner like Travis Benjamin is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Idk they haven't been given a chance. Look at what Brady does. He throws his wrs open. In this league they're not gonna be easy throws like mariota was used too in college

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

And I think for the most part mariota has done a decent job of fitting his throws into tight windows, it's just been more to our tide ends than the wide receivers.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Just for JC-running 5 wide concepts on a regular basis.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just for you.
    [​IMG]

Oh yea lets do that every few plays, great idea...

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

four yard gain.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar