Your first Titans game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Maybe 2004 or so Titans/Houston. I am not sure about the year.

2. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

My first game was when I was in highschool...We were playing the Bungles and we won - I'm wanting to say 2002...in fact every game I've gone to we've won...4-0

I know thats not all that impressive...but I'm a college student...can't afford to go see many games.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Dear Forum,
    I can't believe that something like this could happen to a guy like me, but there I was, spending a few days on Russell Ave in Nashville. I felt myself being pulled toward her bright stadium lights on that cold December 13 Monday night in 2004. The wind wispered gently into my ear that Billy Volek would be the starter that night in a shootout versus Dick Vermiel's Chiefs. I felt the nerves tingling all over my body....

4. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

If it counts? My first game was week 17 of the 1992 season. Houston beat the snot out of Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills in the final week of the season, only to have to face them in Buffalo the next week in the first round of the playoffs. I think we all know what happened in that game.

My second game was the following year when the Oilers beat the Jets and Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride in the face!

My only Tennessee game was when the TN Oilers played Dallas on Thanksgiving back in 1997. The Oilers won that game also.

I will have to plan a trip to Nashville to see the Titans play before too long. I haven't seen a Titans game in person, yet!

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I hit the jackpot for my first Titans game, which was also my first NFL game ever. My wife had a bunch of clothes she got for her birthday that she didn't like... so she returned them and bought playoff tickets for the first ever playoff game in Nashville...

[​IMG]

I think that ranks her among the greatest women ever, if I'm reading the husband handbook correctly.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

November 14, 2004 Bears vs. Titans. Me and my wife drove all the way down from RhodeIsland,about 17hrs, to watch Billy Volek get sacked in the end-zone for a safety in overtime.Game Over. I have to say it was a long ride back home but i loved Nashville,the people,tailgating, and the night life was unbelievable.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I remember that game. Some dumb Bears fan was tossed from 330 for using canned noise. What an idiot... I mean, a kazoo, or a whistle is one thing but this retard brought a fog horn. You could render someone deaf in a crowd with that.

[​IMG]

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

WOW, simply amazing:)

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

clearly a lateral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar