Your first car

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

After writing off my first car, I was handed down this beauty from my mommy; A stunning deep green 1978 Ford Fairmont with an oh so attractive gold vinyl roof.

[​IMG]

Man, I hated this car and accordingly drove the crap out of it to hasten it's demise. It actually ended up bursting into flames at an intersection (the fuel line cracked).

RIP POS.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

My buddies first car was a Hyndai Excel hatchback. It was a hand me down from his brother in law. The car had major engine issues even before he got it. The trani was replace but in the process the oil was not refilled.

We got all of 5 blocks before he turns to me and ask:

"I my car on fire?"

I open the door look under the car and confirm yes the his car was on fire. After the car was fixed again it was usually seen driving through dirt lots doing donuts with a Chevy's sombrero on top.

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

1978 Citröen Mehari
    [​IMG]

Funniest.Car.Ever.

Lots of fun... but in the Highway

I had a great summer with it doing surftrips all over Spain, coast to coast.

Sold it cause spent more oil that gas, and could only catch up to 35 mph flat, 65 downhill.

Lots of races with the truckers, they beat me uphill then I passed them downhill.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Now for some Datsun B210 stories.

I'm about 7 years old, laying in the back seat of the familes 210, and then BAM, we get hit. A girl in some large ghetto sled ran a red light and popped us. Damage to her hoop ride? A busted headlight. The 210? Totaled!!! :eek: :biglaugh:

Somehow a buddy of mine found out that 210's were great offroad vehicles. He had two, and they went everywhere. Here's a few fun things you can do in a B210.

1. Find a nice, loooong straitaway that leads to a hill. Max out the 210 (about 100 mph, if the speedo was right :suspect: ) and hit the hill with all it's got. Get about 10 ft of air for about 20 ft of distance. Feel your lunch about to come up, then laugh as you friend almost gets knocked out by a flying, loose 6x9.

2. Drive down the road at 70 mph. Swerve off that road into a corn field at that speed. Hope the hard hitting corn doesn't beat out the windshield. Do doughnuts till the hubcaps fly off. Keep the eyes peeled for coppers.

3. Find this odd road with several long and deep "waterholes", for lack of a better term. For whatever reason, these holes are spaced out by about 100 yards. Hit the holes as fast as you can. Try to dodge the downed tree pointing at you in one hole. Oh, but there's no steering while hydroplaining. So hit the tree and the car dies. Maybe you'll push the car for about a mile in the cold, wet, dark. And then maybe you pop the hood to find out that the end of the lil tree is sticking through the front headlight and has kocked the battery cable off :duh:

4. Then you can find a one lane bridge w/o gaurd rails over about a 50 ft drop into a lake. Fishtail the 210 in the rain across that bridge, but try to stay on. Don't think about how small the windows of the 210 are or that you can't really move with 5 guys piled up in it. 210's float, right?

I should be dead :flush:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I believe this may solve the crop circles mystery.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

come on, who wants to admit they got one after back to the future?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

did you know if you have the money you can still have a delorean brand new?

the factory is still over there in Ireland. (?)<--I think it's Ireland. Anways, they do restorations and new assemblies. I saw it on the history channel. If you place an order they will build you one. How cool is that?

8. Blazing Arrow

Not sure about the 210 but I am certain Hyndai Excels do not. One of the last moments of my buddy's car involved flying through the loading zone behind a grocery store. Well the particular one had about 3 feet of standing water in it because the drainage had gotten backed up. We start to part the water like the red sea all seems to be going well then about 5 feet before we hit the up ramp to get out of the back which usually involved a small jump at the end of it (best part IMO) I feel water at my feet. The water had started going through the lower part of the car and the entire passenger side was starting to get a puddle. Before we could get out the car died. I am sure from something getting water in it that should not have. My buddy somehow talks me into getting out of the car and pushing it backup the hill so it did not sit in the water.

9. Blazing Arrow

My exGFs uncle bought one when they first came out garaged it and kept it pristine.

Really cool they make them still. Her uncle seemed to think he was "special" because he had one. I think the entire family was a little "special" if you now what I mean. Stalker much?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar