Your Favorite '12 DE Prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 28, 2012.

?
  1. Quinton Coples

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Melvin Ingram

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Nick Perry

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Whitney Mercilus

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. Vinny Curry

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. Andre Branch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

But that's my point. Everyone knew who he was but because (in very large part) due to his Senior Bowl everyone elevated him from his 2-3 round grade to a high 2- low 1st. You didn't start seeing him hyped until post Senior Bowl.

I don't see how that's any better then talking about Perry after the combine.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

i dunno,this is a tough question.

I voted Ingram cause I think he is a pure pass rusher and displays a genuine nasty side. He is a legal midget tho.
    They all are pretty close, Couples and Perry are the perfect size for us, but I worry about there production. Merculis and Ingram have the production but a little slighter. Curry is gonna be a steal for whoever gets him in the second round, but he was slow at the combine and that is, regardless of what anyone says, gonna hurt him.

I would say Ingram for a pure pass rusher and Perry for upside.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't matter anyway, we are gonna get Mario in a couple of weeks, then we will have the same discussions about Poe,Still,Worthy and Brockers.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Speaking of which, Brockers absolutely bombed the combine, so he may be available. I don't know if the Titans like him, but a lot of teams still love the guy.

Still's stock seems to be slipping, too, though he was pretty solid in the combine. I think he might be the most ready to contribute now guy in the draft.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I had Curry in a ton of my early mocks, normally as a 2nd though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Brockers is more of a run stuffer which is what we need with Casey. Poe or Brockers is a tough choice, but the competition that Brockers faced with LSU is why I would take him and his ridiculous frame.

Still was lighter than I thought. I think he will drop to the end of the first round.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think the combination of tape and combine makes Perry the best option. I liked him when he was supposed to be 250 pounds but his 10 yd split, vertical and borad jump were very good for a guy who added 20+ pounds. When you look at guys with success at DE as pass rushers you will find a pretty good correlation between how they jump and the 10 yd split. The fact he benches 35 times just shows he is also strong enough in the upper body which was another concern. I think he may be the only guy worthy of the #20 pick at DE. He performed well against good competition.

I like Curry but more in the 2nd round. The DT I would take in a heartbeat over anyone at #20 is Poe. Not sure about the others including Brockers.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I have a feeling, that after Perrrys stong combine, he won't be available at 20.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK if Nick Perry has the quickness we need. I do like him, but he looks stiff, and seems to like using the same moves. Hard to say whether he does that to set his man up, or just forgets how to beat a guy 1-on-1 when the ball is snapped.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't get the Nick Perry love at all.

He's this year's Quinn (hey! Remember when everyone argued with me about him?). He's a 1 trick pony that's not even very good at his 1 trick.

Speed rush outside.... repeat all game long. He needs a lot of coaching.

Mercilus is the best DE in this group. He, Coples, then Branch.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He twists inside also, but I'm kinda with you on this, he needs more moves.

What got me excited about Perry was his size and speed. Throwing up 225 35 times didn't hurt either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar