Your Favorite '12 DE Prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 28, 2012.

?
  1. Quinton Coples

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Melvin Ingram

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Nick Perry

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Whitney Mercilus

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. Vinny Curry

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. Andre Branch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's such a myth! I'd argue against taking SEC defensive linemen.

Defensive line busts/disappointments from the SEC selected in the first round since 2000.

Jarvis Moss, Derrick Harvey, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Jamal Anderson, David Pollack(injury-related), Dan Williams, Peria Jerry, Justin Harrell, Dewayne Robertson, Jonathon Sullivan, Gerard Warren.

Successful defensive line picks from the SEC in the first round since 2000.

Shaun Ellis, Justin Smith, John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, Albert Haynesworth, Richard Seymour, Marcus Spears.

2011 did not count for or against.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Interesting to see the people that put a lot of stock into a workout warrior. Not saying he doesn't pan out, just interesting. His tape shows a decent edge rusher, but really lacks that arc/bend to get around tackles... His 40 time suggests he's fast, but I'm worried it's a bit engineered. Not bagging on him and I'm certainly no pro scout, just my personal concerns.

Btw,his LB drills proved he isn't a 34 prospect, so no worries there.

We shall see my friends. Someone quote me and bring this up in a couple years. See how it pans out.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Ingram reminds me of Brandon Graham.

4. Clark

Minus Grahams stupid high motor.

5. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Jake Bequette, 6'5-275 , Arkansas.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I just meant from the standpoint that both are undersized with a lot of hype coming into the combine and draft. I thought Philly reached on him and he disappeared once they took him, I've not heard a peep out of him.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Microfracture surgery on your knee can have that effect. He tore his ACL at some point in his rookie season and played sparingly this season.

8. Clark

Got hurt last season.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm still high on Curry. You can't argue with tape. The kid can play football at a high level...no doubt about it. Screw the combine.

10. Clark

I think Currys senior bowl said more about him than his combine. I think perry could easily be our pick, but I'll hold my head high in voting for Curry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar