Your early 53-man roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My list isn't a ranking of players but a breakdown per position.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It seemed like it was a ranking... If you look at the QB, RB, CB, and TE positions, it looks like you were listing them in order.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

F comes before G and H in an alphabetized list

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Rolle might be able to finally unseat Nickey and take his roster spot. He will have to shine on STs but I think he has a good chance.

I do think Ball and Babin are fighting for one spot. In a pinch Brown or Jones can move over to DE. Ball would have an edge over Babin IMO because he can also play some DT on passing downs.

Mariani has a real good chance IMO if he can shine on STs. Britt is the only WR who has done any return duties and having him do KOs is ridiculous. Hawkins, Edison, Washington and Gage don't do returns. Williams can but with the void the team has had since Carr left makes me think they will get smart and carry at least a couple of return guys who can do PRs. None of the DBs or RBs have proven they can help much there (Griffin and McCourty maybe on KOs) and I'm not sure any of them can do PRs.

5. youngtobritt

youngtobritt Camp Fodder

QB: Young, Collins, Simms
    RB: Johnson, Ringer, Blount
    FB: Hall
    WR: Washington, Britt, Hawkins, Gage, Williams, Edison
    TE: Scaife, Cook, Stevens, Ryan
    OT: Roos, Stewart, Kropog
    OG: Harris, Scott, Otto
    C: Amano

DE: Hayes, Ford, Morgan, Ball, Babin
    DT: Brown, Haye, Jones, Marks
    LB: Thornton, Tulluch, McRath, Witherspoon, Curran, Keglar
    CB: Finnegan, McCourty, Verner, Hill, Mouton
    S: Griffin, Hope, Fuller, Johnson, Nickey, Rolle

K: Bironas
    P: Kern
    LS:Amato

This is a really tough one to call once it gets down to the last few. Rusty Smith and Marc Mariani will be practice squad. I'm not sure if we are allowed to put Allred on the PS but it came down to him or Ryan. Honestly it could go either way. Rolle might not make it, but I loved the draft pick so I hope he does. Another on the practice squad will be Patrick Trahan, not much is being said about this LB but every other time I check practice notes he's making a play.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Should we really wastes PS spots on guys that we'll never give a legit chance to play anyway?

If 2 qbs go down, we wont even think about Rusty. We'll be looking for some journeyman.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think we definitely keep 8 O-Linemen. We have every year from memory.

I wouldn't be surprised if Velasco sticks as another interior backup.

My 53 (54 with McRath)

QB - Young, Collins, Simms
    RB - Johnson, Ringer, Blount
    FB - Hall
    TE - Scaife, Stevens, Cook
    WR - Washington, Britt, Gage, Hawkins, D.Williams, Edison
    OL - Roos, Harris, Amano, Scott, Stewart, Otto, Kropog, Velasco

DL - Hayes, Haye, Brown, Morgan, Bell, Jones, Marks, Babin, Ball
    LB - (McRath), Thornton, Tulloch, Witherspoon, Allred, Curran, Rivera*
    CB - Finnegan, McCourty, Verner, Hill, Mouton
    S - Hope, Griffin, Fuller, Johnson, Rolle, Nickey

K - Bironas
    P - Kern
    LS - Amato

* I think they will keep Rivera and look really hard at the Waiver wire for an upgrade at LB post-cuts.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Players can only be on the practice squad if they haven't accrued a season of NFL experience, so we aren't going to be storing a journeyman QB there anyway.

Practice squad is the perfect place for Rusty to spend a yea or two honing his craft so we can determine if with the right coaching he has a future. If not, you can release guys from the practice squad with virtually no consequence.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If they think Rusty Smith has a future, they'd be insane to put him on the practice squad.

The battle is between Collins and Simms.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm surprised to see so many (okay, two) lists having us keeping 6 safeties. I just can't really see that happening. We all know Griff, Hope, Fuller and (sigh) Nickey aren't going anywhere. As great of a story/guy as he is, I think Rolle will be the odd man out here.

Agreed. I've heard a few times now that New England was really high on Rusty before the draft. How true that actually is I have no idea. But there's a very real possibility that Rusty would never even make it to our practice squad. If the Titans see him as potentially playing a significant role on the team down the road, he's going to be on the final 53.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar