Your dream first 3 rounds

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

LMAO...man he was too FUBAR'd...IDK man, sometimes folks just get FUBAR'd...it happens...if it means we can sign him for cheaper than Sammie Hill, Alan Branch, Knighton, and Sopoaga then I'm all for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

1) Chance Warmack
    2) Margus Hunt
    3) Swearinger
    3) Honey Badger

I agree that Hunt is a bit raw. But he has continously progressed so far, has a great work ethic and is physically a beast.

3. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

1. Chance Warmack
    2. Desmond Trufant
    3. Alex Okafor

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah i've seen mocks of Barrett falling in the 3rd. I know WalterFootball was one of them, this really surprises me. Last year Peter Konz went Rd 2/Pck 55 and Barrett is much better IMO, I did like Konz however. If Barrett fell to the Ravens in Rd 2, they would obviously draft him. Unless Te'o was still on the board, which is very possible.

Just imagine:

1st - Warmack
    2nd - Tank Carradine
    3rd - Barrett Jones
    3rdC - Tyrann Mathieu
    4th - AJ Klein

Resign Velasco. Pickup a FA DT, #2 CB, LB Depth.

OL would be: Roos - Jones/Velasco - Jones/Velasco - Warmack - Stewart
    I'd be very happy with that. Warmack/Jones already have the "connection" thing going on. Cut Amano & 'force' Hutch to retire. We now have 2 interior lineman who can hopefully dominate for years.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The problem with Hunt in the 2nd is he won't be there. Some smart team like the Pats will take him late in the 1st round and make a great OLB/rush DE out of him (I know many see him as a 3-4 DE but I'd play him on the outside). I'm having some thoughts we might need to take him with our #10 but a 3-4 team could really use this guy. He has the speed and wing span to both rush off thedge and drop in coverage.

Think about it this way. The Freak, Kearse ran about the same 40, with about the same 10 yd split, was 3 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter. Kearse was also an OLB and while he did rush the QB and get some sacks the Titans drafted him to play DE in a 4-3. So there was some boom or bust in that. Hunt put up a ridiculous 38 reps in the bench and for a guy 6'8 with his wing span that is unreal. So the draftnicks will pour over tape and come up with all the BS on how he can't get off blocks and stuff or he doesn't have anough bend but with just a little good coaching on technique this is a powerful beast of an athlete who could be elite. As in JJ Watt elite.

Now I noticed that Hunt's 3 cone and shuttle were posted.
    He had a 7.07 3-cone and a 4.51 shuttle.
    Those numbers aren't great but better than Nick Perry last year. And really those numbers a damn good for a guy who is 6'8 and 280 pounds. They are also better than Mercilus numbers last year. Oh, and he has a 34 inch vertical.

On a side note Hunt is the best FG blocker in NCAA history and has value there. For a team like the Titans he could be a great DE who can also move inside when needed and could easily play in the 300 pound range without losing much speed. He is 6'8 277 and lean muscled now. Imagine another 20 pounds of muscle in the right places mainly more in the lower torso. Imagine if this guy learns how to use his hands and long arms to keep OL guys away from his body.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hunt is a terrible football player. He's massive and a good athlete, but that doesn't always turn into a great football player. He needs a great developmental coaching staff (something we don't have).

7. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

1) Jonathan Cooper
    2) Darius Slay (assuming Trufant has been picked already)
    3) Tank Carradine
    3,compensatory) Shamarko Thomas

8. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Great call on Slay! I'm so high on him right now and would love us to take him. He's a speedy, physical boundary cornerback. I would love him as our 2nd round pick. But, as you said, if Trufant's there (highly unlikely) then that is a no brainer.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Any chance Michael Roos knows Margus Hunt? Theyre both from Estonia.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Or maybe Taylor Thompson has some insight on him, same college right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar