Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Your Childhood Favorite Player (non-Oilers\Titans)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RazorbackTitans, Sep 13, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,270
    I'm not as old as most of the people here, so Neon Deion.
    RazorbackTitans high fives this.
  2. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,270

Earl Campell was the LeBron of his time, a non-human specimen that took a big sh*t on human anatomy.

3. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Dick Butkus was probably my favorite player when i was very young and then it became Walter Payton. But i was a bear fan as a kid.

My favorite player who was not on the bears was Willie Lanier the hall of fame MLB for the Chiefs. That 1969 Chiefs team was sick and they had 2 of the best linebackers who ever played in Lanier and Bobby Bell. They also had 2 hof DTs in Buck Buchanon and Curley Culp and a hof CB in Emmitt Thomas. 5 hall of famers on that defense!

Childress79 and titanbuoy high five this.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,433
    Oh...

He and Deion were probably my favorite overall.

Once playing, I played CB and WR probably because of those 2.

Desmond was my idol. Being one of the smallest on the field. Ended up being same height as Des. Breaking ankles nonstop though on kick returns.

Deion I was more like personality-wise in sports. Interception? Hold the ball up. Get screamed at by coach. Repeat.

Makes me envious of kids that have such easy access to video now. One return, I cut about 100 times, had the coverage team falling, hitting each other, etc... ran about 80 yards for a 30 yard return, but my God did it feel good. I just want to see what it looked like from outside.

Now, every kid's plays are on a phone somewhere. Lucky bastards. I have to Al Bundy it.
  5. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,299
    My first time seeing him was the episode of What's Happening

6. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436

That was one of my favorite games off all time..
    The Hammer high fives this.
  7. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    My favorite non Oilers player growing up was Joey Galloway for the Seahawks and Frank Sanders for the Cardinals.. Remember in middle school trying to play like Frank Sanders lol. I played WR and went to Bert Rumble Middle School which had the same colors as the Arizona Cardinals :)
  8. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $293
    Mike singletary
  9. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,929

Yup! Trying to take down Barry was like trying to tackle one of those inflatable exercise balls. There is a real good documentary out there on YouTube about the life and times of Barry. His dad is a tough customer.. he never praised Barry too much and always left him with plenty of room for improvement. I guess that was his way of keeping Barry motivated. To this day, Barry's dad keeps Barry's Heisman's and stuff on the shelf behind his souvenir OU helmet.
  10. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    Ah, knew I'd forget some guys...

Derrick Brooks, Derrick Thomas, Earl Campbell, and Mark Bavarro