Your 53-man roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That's about what I'd say, based on what we know now. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ramsey stick over maybe Edison or Jones - but I agree that Jones is probably much more reliable than he looked last week.

I would be shocked to see Faggins, McCourty AND Williams all stick - but the replacement would have to come from another team right now. If we go 4 TE and 4 RB, Cook's presence should dictate 5 WRs or he might even represent the 5th WR if they are really feeling especially confident in him.

Really tough decisions... and deciding on active players isn't going to be easy, either. I really hope MR can leverage one of our bubble players to bring in a solid backup CB. That list behind Harper and Finny really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to other positions.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good points. Otto for Ganther and you're probably right on Ramsey though the same deal can happen there. Unless they think someone is going to sign Ramsey, they might release him and bring him back if Collins were to go to go down for more than a couple of weeks.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

QB (2) - Collins/VY
    RB (3) - Johnson/White/Ringer
    FB (1) - Hall
    TE (4) - Scaife/Crumpler/Cook/Stevens
    WR (6) - Gage/Washington/Britt/Edison/Matt Jones/Mark Jones
    OL (8) - Roos/Amano/Mawae/Scott/Stewart/Harris/Kropog/Otto

Offense - 24

DT (5) - Brown/Jones/Haye/Vickerson/Marks
    DE (5) - KVB/Kearse/Ford/Hayes/Ball
    LB (6) - Bulluck/Thornton/Tulloch/Fowler/Keglar/McRath
    CB (6) - Finnegan/Harper/Williams/Mouton/Faggins/McCourty
    S (4) - Hope/Griffin/Fuller/Nickey

Defense - 26

P - Hentrich
    K - Bironas
    LS - Amato

Special Teams - 3
    Total - 53

I'm going the safe route. We keep Mark Jones in the hopes he gets up to his prior speed at returner, replaceable if, say, Roscoe Parrish shakes lose, and we can claim him off waivers, which I doubt.

We sign Matt Jones, which just may spell the end of Lavelle Hawkins.

We keep both Faggins and Cary Williams...for now. I give McCourty a pass because he's a rookie, and is a great gunner.

I am still this close to giving Tuff Harris a spot instead of Faggins or Williams. I guess we'll keep 8 OL after all in case Stewart isn't quite ready to go.

Finally, I hope we can get Trepasso to the practice squad, and I'm sure the Titans will tell Ramsey to "stick close" to Nashville in case he doesn't get signed as someone else's #2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

On the O-line, I know most people have the default of keeping Harris and Kroppog, but with Otto as the third option. Is Otto able to play guard? I worry about having one backup for three positions, while keeping two backups for two tackle positions.

Also, I don't know what the odds are for us keeping Edison and Jones over Hawkins. I think we're more likely to either cut Jones or PS Edison.

5. Harris can play C or OG. Kropog, I believe, could play OT or OG (I don't know if they've prepped him to play OG this year, though). Otto may be strictly an OT, but I don't know.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I knew about Harris, but I hadn't heard otherwise, so I was assuming that Kroppog and Otto were only tackles. That's why I said I was worried about keeping one guy (Harris) to back up three (Mawae, Amano, and Scott), while keeping two (Kroppog & Otto) to back up two (Stewart and Roos).

Though I do agree that if Stewart's injury is worse than it appears that it might justifty those roster choices a little more.

Has anyone seen Otto or Kroppog play anything other than tackle?

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I haven't, not that I recall anyway. Ideally, I would just keep Harris and Kropog, however, I can only remember Otto getting the starts. That's why I listed him, unless he "played himself out" so to speak.

Also, not really sure if Harris lit it up during his time at center. Maybe they're thinking Amano would shift over and Harris would fill in at guard if something happened to Mawae again. I doubt it, but it makes you wonder. I thought we kept enough decent guys on the PS for so long, it wasn't crucial to keep 8, which we always seem to do. But maybe this year it actually is.

Bummer, I say.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, I believe those odds to be "stellar." At least regarding Edison making the 53. I think Hawkins is done.

I believe Jones would get cut if more obvious solution at returner presented itself. However, if it doesn't, I think he gets a pass, and they'll hope he gets up to speed.

Hawkins hasn't shown enough. Edison has outplayed him at practice and in games. I think the Titans are done waiting on these guys to develop.

Guice will be the one on the PS, if anyone. I believe that's why they went ahead and released him. I don't feel they thought they could pull that off with Edison. Too much has been written about him already. Kuharsky already called him the "third WR" with Washington out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar