Young's throwing motion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

I've posted this before so if you have read it excuse me..Vince can throw 75 yards and can throw over the top.. but for short to intermediate throws he uses a dart like motion- much like a second baseman making a short throw to first.. supposedly he learned this motion because his receivers could not catch his full throw because it was too fast...him throwing at the combine should answer a lot of questions...but I do want to add one new comment- when Lienart said he wouldn't mind going to New Orleans and rebuilding that franchise that was a signal to me that NO will take him, even better if they move to LA... VY will be our pick, unless some blockbuster trade occurs...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not concerned about the release either. A, I don't want him throwing, I want him running down the field for 150 a night. B, when he does throw, the spy will be out of the picture, his throwing lanes are so much bigger than everyone elses. Especially on the run. C, if Bernie Kosar could do it so can everyone else. He may get some balls batted down, but it won't be that many to be concerned about. Low release points are something he's dealt with all his life. I think he can handle it. Le him try it his way. If it sucks, he'll change it.

3. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

Nash may have just answered my question... but, I don't care if he throws the ball between his legs if he can put enough Zip on the ball to throw the 10-15 yard out routes...

To confess, I didn't see alot of his games, so much of what I'm going off of comes from the Rose Bowl... and I didn't really see him have to make many memorable quick tight throws... He was sooo good at buying time, most of his throws seemed kinda soft.

And even I know he can't do that constantly in the NFL...
    Sombody give me something on the hard accurate throws... Watching him in the N.C. game it was no wonder he had such a high completion rate, he could buy so much time that all he had to do was lob an easy ball to an open receiver... ?

4. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i am begging for the football gods TO PLEASE, PLEASE DRAFT VINCE YOUNG! saturday at 4 is the all start challenge, it was taped yesterday SO WATCH, CAUSE I READ THE ARTICLES, AND VINCE HAULED *** AGAIN! and i saw the pictures! I AM MADLY IN LOVE! I MUST ADMIT! steve, don't worry baby, you are still my favorate!

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Floyd is now a football god? I wonder if Peyton made peace with him?

Seriously though...I saw the Longhorns make mince meat out of some team on Foxnet or whatever...Vince is accurate and he throws really well on the run. He puts alot of zip on the ball and I really don't see what all the fuss is about in regards to his "inferior" mechanics. I don't think he will bust.

6. titansfan13

titansfan13 Guest

i'm an Ohio state fan and as much as i hated to see the throw that put them away,being a former qb i loved it because it was to the corner of the endzone with good zip and went right over the defender's head..that throw proves he can make almost any throw he wants.

7. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

and the titans will take him! i know its only january! BUT I AM FEELIN IT BABY! i just want april to hurry the heck up AND GET HERE, SO THAT VINCE CAN COME HOME TO THE TITANS WHERE HE BELONGS! if floyd passes him up HE IS IN FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOONG DAY!:grrr:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Start using him in Madden. It will give you a good fix until draft day. If you want a cool looking team for him create a burnt orange team using the old Kansas city logo. The team will have a real Texas flair to it. Make sure you give him the side arm motion too. Nobody can wait that long. And then, after draft day, how much longer. It's crazy.

9. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

oh, even better, i will make vince a titan on madden, given him all the players that i want, start a season, and win a superbowl TALK ABOUT KILLING TIME! I REALLY WANT HIM HERE SO BAD, THAT I AM ABOUT TO LOOSE MY MIND!

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Football should flip flop seasons with basketball so I can avoid that gap in my year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar