Young's throwing motion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm sure Steve has given him some pointers

what better way to be a father figure than to help him learn football

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i hear yah, but i'll play devil's advocate for a moment

aren't alot of rookie QB's thrust into the roles due to circumstances like this ? Several rookies were elevated into the starting role last year because of it.

you've almost got to prepare him to start at some point his rookie year, at least once, considering the heightened injury risks posed by a 10 year vet and a shuffling OL

this is only worth consideration if we lose Billy or Steve or both

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Eh, release schmelease. Yes, the new game speed will open his eyes, as it does every rookie, but his release varies from what I've seen, because he's adjusting to where his throwing lane is/should/will be at the time of release.

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

As much as I don't want us to take Vince Young, wasn't Alex Smith seen as coming from a "pro" offence with not as many risks - look where he is now?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

5. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I happen to like Young's throwing motion... that being said, I still wouldn't to draft him with the 3rd pick.

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

The opposite... Smith came from a Shotgun offence that was extremey QB friendly.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Rivers had some throwing motion concerns as well.

8. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I can't believe you people are sooooo worried about his throwing motion.

If it was such a big deal I'm sure that he wouldn't have:
    Had the highest QB rating of the big three. (including ML and JC)
    Had the highest completion percentage.

You people are acting like every team he played no one tried to knock the ball down. They couldn't stop the guy. Comeon. If it was a problem, he would have been written off a long time ago.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

10. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i am so sick of people critizing vinces throwing motion? WHY? ITS GOTTEN THE JOB DONE OBVIOUSLY! oh, and lets not forget, brett favre doesn't have a perfect throwing motion , nor does he have great machanics YET LOOK AT WHAT ALL HE HAS DONE IN HIS CAREER, AND NEED I SAY MORE! vince young was born to break the rules AND BY THE WAY, YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar