Young's mother says Titans QB needs 'love and support'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I deleted the game already.

Anyone which player was on the right on that play????

2. lmdlady

lmdlady Camp Fodder

Hmmmm.......
    1. Vince you were the greatest High School player ever!
    2. Wow, awesome college player too!
    3. Now, when I spend my money to watch PRO ball I expect a PRO player.
    I support Vince and hope he improves, whatever his problem is but....
    SUCK IT UP! That's why you make the big bucks!

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Does anyone really think a linebacker or DE from Indy, Hou or Jax is going to give him slack because his Momma asked for Love and Support? If anything, its motivation for the opposing teams defense if he is back there. They will see him as weak now. Is the O-Line going to give him 110% or maybe just let a few lanes open up?

This is NFL football. A brutal game......he's going to get crushed or get a cheap shot if he comes back too soon. He may be wise to stay out for a while and improve his image if he plans to come back this year.

4. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

True, nevertheless if we did, sports in general would't be what they are and u would't spend your time writing thousands of posts in this forum. :gag:

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

very true, he is the laughing stock of the NFL. RayRay will eat his lunch, VY might actually ***** his panties.

6. Chapparal97

Yeah......Ray is closing in on the end of his playing days.....He would love to "accidentally" roll on a knee or ankle. Then you have psychos like Joey Porter who don't care.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I hope we don't play VY against the Steelers and Mike Tyson Jr(James Harrison). He might rip VYs balls off and make him eat them on the 50-yard line.

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

First of all, why is it a big deal that his Mom said this stuff? She is just taking up for her son, regardless of how pointless and illogical it is. Should she have said those things? Not to a reporter. But there is nothing wrong with a mother defending her son. And a mother's defense doesn't make any definitive truths about her son's character.

Secondly, I don't think his Mom is asking for opposing defenses to "give him slack". Give me a break.

Thirdly, the O-Line is not going to let their QB get drilled because of something his Mom said. Are there people out there that really thank that is a possibility? They won't let him get drilled for things he says. They want to win so how is letting their QB get hurt going to help them in that cause?

9. Chapparal97

To be honest, in my opinion.......Vince is on hiatus for at least 6-8 games, possibly the season. We now have 3 adequate QB's on the active roster and just signed Parsons for the PS. Why did we sign 2 QB's on the same day? Fisher was a DB in his day and understands the cruel mindset of opposing D's. VY is not worth anything to anyone hurt, so I see him riding a lot of pine or possibly being used as trade bait. After the Pacman thing, Bud Adams sure as hell doesn't want this kind of publicity about his hand-picked star. Better to bury the problem rather than have it re-surface later in the season.

Has anyone seen a comment or reaction from team leaders such as Mawae, Big Al or Bulluck yet? I'm curious as to what, if anything that they say. Silence tells me they have lost confidence in their leader.

Bud wants a Super Bowl and he wants to sell tickets. Jeff and Mike Reinfeldt need to keep the damage control to a minimum.

10. Chapparal97

This is PROFESSIONAL Football.....Top of the heap..... not HS or College. In order for these boys to reach this level, they have a different mindset than the average, everyday, working fan or player. Survival of the fittest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar