Young's mother says Titans QB needs 'love and support'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Oh Vince! We LOVE u so much! (No HoMo)

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Well he has not been able to rehab the hamstring. This friday was the first time any of us had heard of him having a hamstring problem.

3. Morph

Morph Revolution

First of all, I understand why many fans are so upset about Vince's entire situation and to be honest, I am too. However I do not believe that's any excuse to go after the guy personally, especially assuming most users on here are at least young adults themselves. I admit, when we drafted Young I really assumed he'd be our QB for year and years to come but if indeed this article is true then it's obvious anyone would have their doubts about him now. Although like someone mentioned earlier, some of the context can me a bit misleading and with the Fisher continually telling the us that he's going to be our franchise QB - who really knows but Vince himself? I suppose we'll all have many of our questions answered in the weeks to come though so I'm not going to read a whole lot into anything at this point. However I do think that Kerry Collins will be in the driver's seat for AT LEAST two weeks (if not much longer). Hopefully 2-4 weeks off will do Vince good and give him time to calm down and get his emotions in check. As much as I hate to say it though - I too wish that if Vince decides the NFL isn't his thing that he will make a short and sweet exit so we can move on. Although if he isn't as serious about quitting as the media is making it sound, then I think with enough hard work and obviously some major growing up he COULD be the QB for this team for quite some time. Oh well, only time will tell.

Anyway the my main point of this post, even though it may not be very clear, was to actually wish Vince well and I hope he gets the help he needs to assist him in deciding what is best for him.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Okay...its clear that Vince is immature for his age and clearly has been coddled as an athlete his entire career. He has obviously succeeded in football due to his atheletic ability all the way through college and has not faced any true adversity or criticism as a QB to this point.

Well...guess what. Welcome to the NFL, where even the worst players on the teams are better than most players you have ever played with or against in college.

His mom saying the following:

What did they [mom and VY] think they were getting into?? Did they think that he was just going to make tens of millions from the Titans but not be criticized for poor play? Have they NEVER followed the NFL before this point?

I have no patience for pro athletes that suddenly "don't want to do this anymore" when adversity rears its ugly head. When you are on the cover of Madden or SI or getting your ROY award its all good. If he thinks that he would not get the same thing from the fans of ANY other team, then he really has been brainwashed about being "The VY".

I honestly feel sorry for him at this point. Its clear he should have sat for a year [or two] behind McNair and matured mentally and learned how to play this game on a pro level. Unfortunately, I do not believe he can now suddenly become a #2 QB without it impacting his psyche even further, and frankly I don't want him satisfied with that.

Not sure what the answer is...but its going to get worse before better is my guess.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think Vince has been coddled his whole life. I really don't. At Texas, he was definately in the hot seat as I recall it.

6. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Umm...Hello?? He's still a human and all the negativity is gonna get to him. I cant believe how fast the Fans turned against him...I'd probably be losin it too!

7. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I agree with you 100%. I think the media has blown everything way outta proportion, and I feel really bad for VY seeing all the fans turn against him. I know he's an extreme competitor and I really hope to see him pull through this. I also hope he wont feel betrayed by his fans, but cant say I blame him if he does. Cant believe what all you haters are saying....

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

No joke, still laughing.

9. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I meant the excuse of the hamstring injury from last year. If he had re-injured his hamstring in pre-season then it could/would still have an effect for this last game. But it should be fine by the time his knee heals.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it's an American thing. You wouldn't understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar