Young's mother says Titans QB needs 'love and support'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Vince apparently isn't even saying that. :hmm:

2. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Yeah but I was referring more to what his mom said in the article.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:bonk2:

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Dear Vince,

Your the greatest

[​IMG]

GoT

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

It ok keep beating the guy down with probably the most talent depleted offense in the NFL, eventually well just start someone else, then after a few decent games when he starts to struggle, we can ask for another new one. Because we dont have time to make a single player work

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I just think the people surrounding vince are the ones ruining his career. The stuff he says in private should not be brought to the media. I guarantee there are successful nfl qbs who have had the same thoughts as young, it''s just their friends and family don't tell the media about it.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i dont agree with your context but dude I loved that response...........that is a classic.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

True to some extent. However, Vince has obviously got some serious confidence issues, and that is not a good quality for a franchise QB in the NFL. Every QB struggles at some point, but if he seriously considers giving up, u have to wonder if he has what it takes to turn it around. Also, I think the leg injuries have a lot to do with Vince not performing very well last year, and in week 1 this year. If Vince can't run, he can't be the Vince Young he wants to be, and the Titans drafted him to be. I think Vince, without the threat of running is not very affective as a QB at this level. I suspect that if Vince had been injury free to this point in his career, we wouldn't be talking about this.

9. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well what he needed was a dad. Tell miss Young that.

NFL fans are not the best people to look to for support. Football is a violent alpha male sport. Not a place to get in touch with your feelings.

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I must confess, I've always been skeptical about the hamstring excuse. Hamstring is usually an injury that once you've rehabbed, you can run with fine, you just risk the chance of repulling it.

Ala, my Freshman year in college doing Track I pulled my hamstring. I subsequently repulled it twice because I came back too fast from the injury, but between when the hamstring was 'healed'(~1-2weeks for minimal healing) and each time I re-pulled it I felt perfectly fine running. The speed was a little less at times and it was sometimes tight, but with good stretching it didn't hamper my workouts at all. I re-pulled it doing the 8th-9th 100m sprint of the day and it hadn't bothered me at all up until that point.

I think the reason Vince isn't running is due to something other than just the injuries. Whether it is fear of getting hit, people telling him he needs to pass more, or whatever, it doesn't seem like just the hamstring would do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar