Young's lack of maturity

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

VY ... Now Forever To Be Known As SuperBrat.

2. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Just wondering here, were you at the game? Regardless, what other proof do you have other than what Fisher has said, that Vince's hammy was causing any problems at all. He didn't touch an exercise bike to loosen it, he didn't speak with any trainer, he didn't grab it, the rest of the offense didn't even have a clue that anything was physically wrong with him. It just doesn't add up to what we are being told. Now his knee is messed up and I do not doubt that at all. I am not cheering against Vince but he does make it hard fall in line behind him with his behavior.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

No, he's not calling Vince out. He is voicing what Albert voiced, that this team is not committed to the air game. The running game is on point, but this team never even tries to go after big name receivers. He's also saying that the offense continues to go 3 and out, keeping the defense on the field for long stretches with limited rest time, yet the defense won't quit.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, Quinn isn't going anywhere. He'll probably be starting for the Browns and turning them around by week 5 or 6, actually... nonetheless, it's clearly time to invest in a backup with Kerry on his last legs, VY injury prone and possibly not being the franchise qb that the Titans thought he would be.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I can't imagine the Titans giving up on Young before the trade deadline though, so this year we will just have to rely on what we have, I think. We can hope for a trade before next year's draft, I guess.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One thing worth mentioning here is Bud was in the house yesterday and heard the boos with his own ears. Does anyone doubt he didn't talk to Fisher about this?

That's the conversation I'd like to have heard.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we are a true contender then I think we need to get someone. That way if KC has a few poor games then the player we get will be ready after a few weeks of the playbook.

8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Vince is only as good as his legs can be. He was never a great passer and his rookie year he took off once in a while. Now everytime (which is less and less) that he takes off he looks scared like he is unsure what to do. Is it a sin to be African American and run as a qb because the same crap happened with McNair and how the media got on him cuz he couldnt stand in the pocket. Vince needs to be Vince instead of trying to be what the media wants him to be. I do have faith in Collins though, been saying this since the pre-season. Johnson offsets Collins lack of speed.

9. halt

halt Starter

I seem to recall Steve stating that he had no interest in mentoring VY. and that teaching him how to play was the coaches job. Shortly after that, he left for the Ravens. Maybe Steve's storied long association with VY led him to that position. He may have known more about VY than all those that insisted in drafting him.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Thank Goodness! Bud is in the business of selling tickets, food and souvenirs. It's time to let egos and history be in the past. He didn't fire Reese, hire Reinfeldt and extend Fisher's contract to cower to VY's ego and attitude. Two years of average play and a failure in the year 3 home opener should be enough for him to authorize his top chiefs to kick some butt.

Show this primadonna that he is expendable. The team is very solid EXCEPT at QB and WR. WR is a spot that is acceptable, QB play is Pop Warner. Deer in the headlights.

Go Titans......I hope the front office does what is best for the Titans, not VY's ego.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar