Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I'm not putting words in his mouth, so how is it wrong to suggest Vince is adopting a defeatist attitude by what he said, regardless of the context. The opposite of Vince's quote would be something along the lines of "I'm going to win the trust of the team and fans back", instead of "I can't win". It must be noted that a quote like that wouldn't be put under the microscope were it not for the Jacksonville game incident.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True, but when you get idiots in the media that lack the mental capacity to understand Vince's grammar and phonics (which isn't the best by any means), that's what happens.
    Most everyone misinterpreted his 'can't nobody tell me nothin' statement. Whereas people with IQs above 75 read a little bit into it and understood what it really meant.
    Same goes for this statement.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Oh now you guys want to talk about VY!!!!!!!!!!!

i see how it is.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Well, common sense would tell you that this is a VY thread. :rolleyes:

5. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

I really think VY is a timebomb waiting to explode.Tick Tack Tick Tack, and Boom, he will do a Cutler move, because VY found out he lost the job to Rampsey. I would hate for that to happen, becuse I love VY. I just think VY is to submisive.

6. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Look! He said he can't win! That means he sucks!

LOLZ!

I think VY has the proper attitude. He doesn't sound like he gives a darn what people say anymore and that is one of the biggest lessons he had to learn.

Let's hope he's learning the playbook as well...Cause if he does, it's gonna be a fun year.

Good luck VY.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

:ha::ha:
    I remember everyone was bashing you for continuing that VY thread
    :ha::ha:

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I love how Vince's grammar and phonics suck.... but it's just everyone else's lack of mental capacity that makes them idiots :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. amy

amy Starter

"I am just going to shut my mouth and play my role and if they need me then I will be available as a weapon,"

Hmm, he still thinks of himself as a weapon? I'm sorry, but I found this statement really amusing! And the fact that he is going to shut his mouth and play his role-whatever that might entail-implies he has not done those two things in the past? just asking.

Seriously, I will believe when I see.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm skipping to the end for now and coming back to this thread later (somewhere p.2).

The impressions I have on Vince, and this article:

1) He's not the smoothest cat with the media, the professional comments. I think we can all agree by now.

2) If 80 percent of what he says is okay, that's good enough for me. You know, the "pimp walk" of 2006 was turned into hobble, and then a cripple, then a "just lay down for a while til you feel better." You literally have to crawl before you can walk. Vince rode some remarkable mojo into the NFL. His talent hit a ceiling.

3) Vince wasn't prepared for the ceiling. He literally crashed into it while on what was, to that point, a meteoric rise. And he crashed back to the floor.

4) Forgive this indulgence, but some will remember my prior avatar: Goku, from the number one all-time action cartoon, DragonBall Z, (now an epic fail of a motion picture, though it is only "DragonBall" no Z, so there's time to improve).

Please bear with this long metaphor for a second. It, upon further review, fits pretty well, you'll find.

5) The metaphor is you have a cartoon about the Earth's most skilled and legendary fighters -- an elite group, of friends and former enemies, who basically challenged and beat the crap out of each other and became better fighters because of it, from quests to tournaments. Every encounter, win or lose, made each one stronger.

Already they were elite fighters, in a mortal sense, but their abilities increased to the point their abilities surpassed what seemed possible, mainly -- projecting their own internal energy in various forms, a la the Hadouken in Street Figher, plus abilities to fly, move super fast, and be super strong (the latter comes from having to defend earth from invading aliens, like Goku, and others, and having to train in space using a gravity press, so they were training in 2x, 5x, 10x, 25x, 50x, 100x Earth's gravity...interesting notion, kind of like wearing ankle weights all over your whole body, but on the inside, too...so, probably much much different.)

Anyway, that's when hitting these "Super" levels happens. So in the metaphor, there are 4 such levels (plus a hidden one) that a diligent warrior can unlock. However, once you hit one, you plateau, and really, only the conflict of someone better than you, or a threat to things you hold dear, and insurmountable odds, plus ridiculous training, allows you to break through.

6) Thanks for bearing with me so far.

7) In order to break through, one must be diligent and train. There's nothing to say. One must shut up, and go about their business, with no outcome guaranteed, win or lose, succeed or fail, triumph or shame, live or die. In the show, when the fighters know a more powerful threat is on the way, and they have time to prepare, they literally go far far off on their own, and train.

They "shut up." And get it done. Do it.

This is what we all have to understand at some point in order to live our lives freely and create our own successes.

So I see it as a pretty good thing that Vince says he just needs to shut up. He's right. There's nothing to be said. This is a sign of him digging in, and if he can hold on and break through to that next level, maybe the Titans will want to restructure and keep him around.

Talking about the checks is just that goofy kind of stuff he's going to say if you stick a microphone or a tape recorder in his face long enough. At least, that's the impression I get.

Peace my friends.

G.....out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar