Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

^^^^^word! this is to tj's post

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

preparing himself for another season of being a bench warmer. He even may be the #3 QB this yr. He can fetch water for Collins and Ramsey :grrhee:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

absolutely. :yes:

4. llr7

llr7 Guest

atleast the titans have 3 reliable qbs alot of teams are lucky to have 1 .so we are in alot better shape than most teams .

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

not only that but the Titans have the distinction of having 3 first round selections listed at qb on the roster. The reliability of said players is debatable though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wasn't that impressed with his comments.

“I am just going to keep my mouth closed, man. All I am doing this year is shutting up, just shutting up and working,” Young said. “I am going to smile and shut up and continue being Vince Young, a happy smiling guy. I am not going to get into the hoopla any more because of the fact I can’t win any more, I see.

“I am just going to shut my mouth and play my role and if they need me then I will be available as a weapon.”

“I just basically went in and said I don’t know what is going on, but I am going to come in there and work and go from there and let him make his own decision,’’ Young said. “I just want to keep working out and staying out of the way unless they need me.

“I just told him what was on my mind and how I feel about the situation. I don’t want them to give me anything. I just want to come in and earn everything.’’

His comments are more like ramblings and come across bitter. That suggests to me he still is struggling with maturity issues. I don't get the impression he really wants to "shut his mouth" at all when you say it 5 times in 6 consecutive sentences. Sounds like the same old Vince to me.

I'd like to have heard him keep it to one or two sentences something along the line of "I intend to work harder than anybody else at camp to regain my job as a starter and the respect of my team mates and coaches."

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. GMITTS

why gain the respect of players and coaches when he can ride the pine and collect his checks. each check is 127,000$ over 17 weeks.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I guess that's true.

9. JimOkc

JimOkc Camp Fodder

I truly understand (due to the comments read here and on other boards) why he would say that he "can't win".

You should understand whilst reading this article that this wasn't a press conference or anything like that. He was approached after a basketball game and answered questions.

I don't see anything he said in that article as being controversial or worthy of being nitpicked.

Had he not said anything at all, there would be a lot of people riding him for that. So he speaks and look what happens. No WIN situation.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GMITTS

its called professionalism. he is a public figure. it doesnt matter if he was asked this question coming out of a burger king. that is all we are saying. act professional!
    and if he wouldnt have said anything, we would have never heard about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar