Young to Work Hard and Remain Prepared

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

I must say I'm liking that sig...

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

1) Season opener vs. Jags-He threw 2 Td's in that game. And yes two ints .So did kerry vs the ravens.I think he would have recovered.
    2) Ravens-i can see us losing because we couldn't run so the whole game was on vy. With no receivers who have downfield threat to open up lanes.
    3) Packers-I think he could have won this.
    4) Jets-i can see a loss here.
    5) Texans-He is undefeated against Houston. You gotta expect it to continue.
    6) Steelers-Im not sure. It depends on how he played during the year.

I didn't care too much for that last colts game. CJ was out so our running game was gone. Not even Kerry could move the ball. At least Vince moved us into fg range

If we played SD then i think based upon last yr. That we could win the wild card if our defense would hold them the entire game. and if we played the ravens then i think

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You really think he could have won the opener against the Jags? You cannot be serious! That's the biggest no-brainer of them all. It was 3rd and 18, tied at 10... KC comes in, throws a short pass to Scaife that would've not been seen by VY, and it goes for about 45 yards. If Vince stayed in that game, I guarantee you we would have lost.

Oh, and the Ravens... mark that as a definite "L" because VY would have been absolutely terrified of the Ravens D. We couldn't get anything done even with CJ. When the game is on VY's shoulders it's not happening.

We went to overtime with the Packers meaning we would have been absolutely screwed with VY. I don't think we even turned the ball over in that game, yet we barely won. With VY, we always turn the ball over at least once.

You can see a loss against the Jets? They would have beat any team that Sunday. They were on fire, and we decided to not give a damn about continuing the streak. Jeff Fisher jumping out of an airplaine to get his team pumped up = FAIL.

Yes, he is undefeated against Houston... a whopping 3-0. Two wins from when the Texans were 6-10 and one win from when the '07 season when they were 8-8. I don't consider that impressive at all.

It's clear VY would have erased our amazing game against the Steelers. Those takeaways we managed to get would have been shadowed by VY's 3 INTs and inability to put the ball in the endzone.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

VYs last short pass went about 80 yards...

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Why would he be scared of a ravens team he nearly beat in his ROOKIE year? And you can't really predict how he would have played in those games. We seen him play in one game. Vs the jags in which he threw 2 td and 2 int so yea he makes mistakes but he obviously can move the ball or else how could he throw 2 td? And you can't say we would lose to pitts. because that game was at the end of the year so it was a big game where everyone played at a higher level. If CJ ran the ball efficently then it would help the play action then vince could play more in shotgun and get some scrambles in which all in all would open up passing lanes and break down defenses. And that's his game. So you really can't say for sure what VY would have done this year when we never got a good look at him. So lets cut the what ifs and look towards the future where hopefully a armed and ready vy is ready to take charge in his defining moment because this yr and maybe next yr will probably dictate his entire career from here on out.

6. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

I thought when Young said "Can't nobody tell me nothing" I thought he was just being a childish a-hole. However upon actually seeing the context of the quote, I am now convinced that just about everything presented in the media(and on this board for that matter) about Young is spun just for the sake of taking cheap shots.

When Young said nobody could tell him anything, he was saying that nobody could tell him what he couldn't do, a positive attitude to have.

Sigh... I should have known.

Basically everything bad said about this guy that isn't "he can be inaccurate at times" is bull.

7. RavensShallBurn

Ummm... yea, I figured that's what Vince was saying, but "can't nobody tell me nothing" is beyond stupid. That's something to say around your friends when you're mocking someone else who is stupid enough to talk like that.

"Can't nobody tell me nothing"

Have you ever heard any other player in the NFL (who actually has some sense) say something so stupid?!

8. RavensShallBurn

... against the Lions.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

but vince got 80 yards on that throw...he is the best ever:grrhee:

10. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

Is Vince the greatest ever or the greatest that never was? A thought to ponder for all.

Trust in the Warrior, he will lead us to the Super Bowl and glory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar