Young to start this Sunday!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by V-MAN, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

not without Chris Hope back there.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

news flash:

mcnair hasnt been that great this year. has he been better than collins? yeah, but the raven defense is winning games, not mcnair.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Turn QB Job Over to Young

SUMMARY: Rookie QB Vince Young will make his first NFL start for the Tennessee Titans on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys. Young already had played spot duty in each of the Titans' first two games. But the Titans are winless at 0-3 and are hoping the quarterback who led Texas to the national title in January can provide a spark to their offense. Coach Jeff Fisher had promised he wouldn't start Young until the rookie was ready, and he publicly said Monday that veteran Kerry Collins would start against Dallas (1-1). Young is 10-of-23 for 133 yards with a touchdown and an interception this season in limited duty.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

GREAT NEWS!!! I am REALLY excited NOW!!

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:ha:
    Got it as soon as I read it..... Charles Nelson Riley

6. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

I love it....I think the whole team will rally around Vince and we'll upset the Cowpukes.....

Let's see how many times they try to get some cheap hits in on Vince.....

Vince is gonna be fine, but if he's not perfect.....a bunch of morons will already say he was the wrong pick, overrated...etc, etc...(like other people have said)....

If we lock down Terry Glenn and control the run game, maybe we can knock Drew Dedthrow around and get him scared.....
    Maybe Pac can return a punt without getting it called back......

Let's go Titans.....InVinceable BABY

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Read the Tennessean article. Collins was practicing with the scout team and Young wsa getting all the reps. The only reason Fisher didn't announce earlier was so Dallas would not prepare for Young.

The way the coaches were talking about Young's progress this doesn't surprise me. Chow spoke in one interview that VY wasn't "quite" ready yet but when asked if he was progressing faster than he expected he said 1000x faster. I have to hand it to Fisher for now. At least he is trying to spark the team and who knows. This might turn out pretty darn good.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm unbelievably excited. It changes the whole complexion of the game and the crowd support. I'm hoping to hear alot of noise from the Coliseum, errr-oops- LP Field for the defense.

I really don't care how Vince plays- just get the real time reps against a good defense- and Please Lord- No injuries.

FINALLY SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's great to see Vince get the intro

but don't be surprised if he's pulled and/or is sat against Was/Bal/Jax

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This news is like is like the perfect mini mall

Attached Files:

• b34.jpg
      b34.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar