Young to Remain Titans #2 QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:rolleyes:

Wow. I'm gonna go ahead and make this public since you have some problem with me. You said I had "mental issues" because I still have some belief in Young. I PM'd you to say I found that offensive and to attack my viewpoints and not me personally. I did this because I've been guilty of the same thing you were in my past postings. After you acted like a jerk in your response via PM, I reported your post. Otherwise I would never have reported it. I was trying to be cool about it, and you acted like an :grrr::grrr::grrr: back to me. You got a violation because you broke forum rules, I have zero to do with that.

For all the "realists" or whatever you call yourselfs that think Vince Young sucks and is on the level of Akili Smith, here's your reality check: Vince was never competing for the #2 job. He is the number 2 QB, just like he was before preseason started. All the rest was just hype. You guys ate it up because you don't like Vince.

I don't read any fans of Vince sitting here talking about how awesome he is. Compare that to the constant negativity, it's clear how lopsided those that oppose Vince are, compared to those that are fans. I'm a Vince fan, and I'm glad he is the backup going into the season. Based on the fact he isn't running much, I wouldn't even say give him a series a game like I was last season. And next year, if Kerry retires or whatever, I hope Vince competes for the job with a new rookie or a free agent. I'm such a crazy mentally challenged homer.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Well I never said anything about him making progress or not. That was never my argument.
    My argument is that before the beginning of the season Dinger stated (to paraphrase): I'd like two more seasons to work with him to really get an assessment of how he will turn out.
    Dinger is IMO, an 'all-pro' offensive coordinator. He knows what he's doing.
    And when he makes statements like that above, I'm going to take him seriously. If you don't think he will make it in the NFL, that's fine. That's your opinion and I have no problem with it. Just blind speculative bashing is what bothers me.
    Me, I will concede that his play has been sub par. But I also feel that he has a chance to redeem himself and be successful. Now whether he will or not remains to be seen. But until Fish and Dinger write him off, I'm also going to give him the benefit of the doubt. If Vince fails, he did it himself and I will have no sympathy for him.

I don't like stats either. I don't have to omit anything. But considering Vince has been in the league for only three years, you can't compare him to McNair's later years.
    Cherry-picking or not, love stats or hate them, Vince and Mac9's 1st 3 season stats are fairly similar.

If I can survive the barrage of posts/PM's from thin-skinned members when I critiqued Jeff on the lack of bandwidth on draft day, I think I'll be ok.

Uh, no. But I'm too tired to go dig up the stats again. We can rehash this later.

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

then why do you stick up for the VY? he wanted out, he quit on his team. or is it just different for you because your a titan fan and it is easier to pick on someone else you KNOW is better. cutler should be our qb. we should have drafted him, should have gone after him in the trade.

either way, they are both whiners...but i want the winning whiner...not the guy who those a pick six in side the ten.

ps...VY still sucks!

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Hmm. Vy quit on his team? That rumor is till flying, without any evidence?
    Im not even going to get into that.

If Cutler should be our QB then we would have drafted him. Bud doesn't have all the say so on draft day. And since i heard Jeff himself say that they were thinking about matt leinert but liked vince's mobility as a plus to why they drafted him, i think it's safe to say he did want to draft vince. But by all means prove me wrong. Oh and somehow Cutlers name didn't come up.

You are now officially a VY Hater :) Congratulations.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Ifs and buts candy and nuts ... the fact is he did not. I go off of what really happened not some fairy tail land where Young is even quality depth.

The reality is Ramsey got hurt and lost his shot.

No I asked at 26 what other QBs had shown improvement that it would require for Young to be a great QB.

So basically in your Aikmen example Young would need to win Super Bowl MVP throw 1.64 TD to INT ratio. Have an 89.5 QB rating and only lose only one fumble. BTW starters earn there position they do not get it taken away by a guy who could not make a team.

Actually in Romo's 3rd year he was promoted to starter in game 6 where he went 6-4 threw 19 TDs and only gave up 13 INTs. Lead the league in Yards Per Attempt. Also had a 95.1 QB rating. Please stop making up stats to suit your point.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm

Steve Young while a good example to make your point was warming the bench behind arguably the best QBs to play the game. BTW he threw 10 TD and 0 INTs when he was 26 starting only 3 games. Some how he was able to throw more TD passes in 3 starts then Young was able to do in an entire season. This is the guy you want Young to be compared too?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

"Steve Young while a good example to make your point was warming the bench behind arguably the best QBs to play the game. BTW he threw 10 TD and 0 INTs when he was 26 starting only 3 games. Some how he was able to throw more TD passes in 3 starts then Young was able to do in an entire season. This is the guy you want Young to be compared too?" by the so called titans fan who absolutely hates a player on his own team!

btw who whas steve youngs starting #1 WR (yeah he actually had a number one wr) during this time. If i remember correctly it was someone by the name of jerry rice!!!!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TitansWillWin2, your posts are terrible.
    Absolutely deplorable.
    Vince Young...
    Worst. Backup. Ever!

[​IMG]

and why? what makes him the worst ever?

He's supposed to be the UNDISPUTED #1.

PERIOD!

Don't you understand? He can't be fumbling away td's and throwing pick 6's in his fourth year. He's not a starter! 3rd overall from the 2006 draft should start...

but no... he's just not good enough to be our stater...

maybe he can go be Jerry's latex salesman but I don't ever think he will be our quarterback.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Steve Young overachieved. He actually proved something playing for the Los Angeles Express.

[​IMG]

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Vince should have done a Rosencopter. At least fumble with style!

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if we merged all the VY thread, how many pages would it be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar