Young Still the Future According to Adams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I like what we have heard from Vince Young lately. The last few times he's been interviewed he has repeatedly said that he has to learn and that he knows he has to earn the spot back. I also thought it was a positive that the first time they showed Kerry looking at pictures Sunday, Vince was right there looking over his shoulder. Of course, all of this means nothing if he can't do it on the field, but I'm hoping that maybe this was all a wake up call for Vince. Hopefully we will see a more improved VY whenever he gets his next shot at it.

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

See the one thing that bothers me about the whole situation is that everyone assumes and knows what VY is doing on the sidelines at ALL times....unless someone on this board is at every game and on the sidelines w/ him during the game, I am not going to sit and assume that he is not learning anything or not watching.

I hear the comments that he has earphones in..."oh well he is just listening to his ipod"....or he isnt standing next to Collins every moment waiting to have him hold his hands..."well he doesnt want to learn from Collins"....seriously come on. We only see of Vince what the camera shows.

How is he at practice? How is he at team meetings? Is he watching videos of the games...looking at the mistakes Collins has made, or plays he has missed? Until Fisher or someone on the team comes out and says Vince is doing none of this stuff, we cant just assume that he isnt.

I dont know, its just topics like these that bother me the most, cause everyone wants to just assume things, and knock a guy for something none of us in here could do(That line in no way is extended to Jmac, we all agree he is a horrible reciever). Senseless bashing/remarks were the reasons I left other boards to come here.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, I agree with you. It does seem like a whole lot of assumptions. I pointed out on one thread earlier that the first time they showed Collins looking at pictures on the sideline, Vince was looking over his shoulder. Later, they showed Vince by himself. So it's all a matter of timing and coincidence as to what you see on TV.

As for the ear buds, Chris Sims is usually wearing a pair just like Vince's. So if you wanna think both of our QBs are listening to iPods on the sideline, be my guest.

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

The more I see Collins play, the more I really miss Vince and knowing he can make a big play at any second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar