Young Still the Future According to Adams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

When our offensive gameplan is like it was yesterday. Hell, put VY in, the Oline isn't blocking anyone, and DInger is calling fades to Crumpler and McCareins...... I'd rather have VY playing streetball. At least it would slow down the rush.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

He'll get his shot next year. Let's hope he makes the best of it.

4. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I seriously dont get the VY bashing that he receives? I understand this is the Titans board, but some of you guys need to open your eyes up to some other team boards and how they feel about their Qb's.

Funny how Vince is only 2 years removed from a remarkable rookie year...and dont even tell me the D won all those games, cause we all know truthfully they didnt(Last year they did).

Majority of the things I read on here are just useless bashing, as it seems to be the more "in" thing to do.

Look at the facts, could KFC manage as well last year as he has this year? No, and yesterdays game was proof that given chances KFC can make mistakes just as bad as VY or worse.

You know everyone talks about having that true #1 WR or Weapon at WR that the Titans need. VY didnt have that last year, worse off he didnt have CJ who has been a huge help.

You think VY is bad? Look at Leinhart, guy couldnt even get things done with Fitz AND Boldin...Eli Manning was absolutely atrocious until last year(I know some Giants fans, and they have said worse things about Eli than I have ever heard about VY). A QB in this league, aleays needs that star WR, that go to guy...it goes with the saying does the QB make the WR or the receiver make the QB? Well unfortunately VY hasnt had that reciever yet.

I would love to see what Cutler would do here, with the receivers we have....but yet some of you guys would still think Cutler would light it up here with what we have. Need I remind you, Cutler has Marshall and a upcoming star in Royal..as the Broncos draft for weapons, but their D is atrocious.

End/Rant

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Riverman

That is a passionate but reasoned plea. If only Vince felt the same way and wouldn't pout and try to take himself out of games. :)

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

is he the future backup QB?

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Well that is somewhat true/and somewhat hearsay....none of us are on the field...so I dont take to seriously what the media says....

If you look back at his rookie year, you can not tell me the kid didnt play with heart...the Texans game in OT, the Giants Game, the win against the Colts? The boy had fire that year, which I feel he might of lost last year.

Didnt Tennessee originally draft Young as the future/but project QB? And so be it, he didnt look flashy in preseason, but how is that a sign of things to come? You just threw him into his 2nd offensive scheme in 3 years, those things take time to develop.

If Vince has to be the starter next year, and we actually get a WR( A real one this time) to compliment his game and Vince still fails miserably....I will eat my words, I promise...and will take whatever backlash is so deemed by this board.

And no Im not some biased VY fan, that kid still needs alot of improvement and better be taking in what he learned this season. But get him a WR that he can rely on next year, and I dont see why he cant acheive to be a good QB.

Lets remember, he didnt do too bad w/ Bennett and Wade as his top receivers.

8. Riverman

I was a Vince supporter before he was drafted. He had a sensational rookie year, when we utilized his physical skills- mainly running. We froze safeties and opened up serious running and passing lanes with his unpredictability.

His second year was what you would expect from a rookie with more INT's than TD's and a few immature outbursts. Here is the kicker. He tells the media he thought about retiring after his rookie year and then he decides to go back to college after his second year. Whether or not he really did ask to be taken out of the Chargers game- who knows. He has photos blasted on the internet of him swigging Vodka appearing barely able to stand upright, shirtless and with a bunch of other guys in a similar condition. Then he comes camp w/ another new OC and appears unprepared and overwhelmed as he throws more picks than he should.

Then the Jaguars game and whatever the hell happened after that. It was significant enough to involve Fisher, a psychologist and a search by police.

So do hate Vince? No. Do I want to detract from Vince's reputation? No- he does a good enough job of that on his own.

The plain truth is that Vince is just an enormously gifted athlete who can bring a physical game but has few mental tools including some emotional lability and immaturity. Is that somebody that the franchise should utilize as a franchise QB? I don't think so any more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dude, that was poetic. I agree 100%

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We can tolerate vince's cap hit next year but the final 2 years he will count $10M against the cap and he is only worth that if he is starting and playing like a franchise QB.

Next year he will have to prove he is worth having around long term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar