Young Returns to Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

I'm not bashing him. I think VY is a serviceable, young QB, but I don't think he has "what it takes" to be a big playmaker with his arm. The three QB's you mentioned more than proved they could throw an accurate pass several times a game, and in big games.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Steve young had 7 years before he was a full time starter. So Steve Young gets 8 years to prove that he can make an accurate pass, but you're giving up on vince one game into his 3rd season? Mcnair in his 3rd season had 14 tds and 13 ints with a 70.4 qb rating.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Vince Young is our QB for the future. Let him sit the rest of the year, that'll be good for him, to experience what he should've in his rookie season.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Uhm, well. Do you remember the first game of the season when Kerry stepped in for a pathetic Vince Young and drove down the field to score the go-ahead TD? Yeah, I'd say he won us a game.

5. Outlaw

Outlaw Guest

Before that happens, he needs to get his head straight.

I'm glad he's practicing again but I think his team has lost trust in him to be an effective leader. Do I think he can come back and be a productive part of this team... yes. Do I think he needs to get the mental issues under control first? Absolutly.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, Collins made that amazing throw to a stationary target five yards away! I was shocked because I've never seen anybody complete a screen pass before!

He threw two passes and you make it sound like he was the entire reason it happened. It had way more to do with Scaife having the best run of his career than it did Collins throwing the ball.

7. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Well all I can say is that at least Collins is throwing to the correct team. I only remember one INT so far since he took over. I throw out the first 4 games 2 years ago since Kerry had just gotten here and didn't know the Offense any better than Vince did. No, Collins is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but he's doing a good job managing the game, not turning the ball over and getting us pts when we need them. We are at least getting the ball in the endzone now instead of having to settle for 3 everytime we get in the Red Zone

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I recall Vince throwing a screen, and it getting picked off. As soon as Collins stepped on the field it looked like a new offense. Collins may not be the answer but he certainly showed that he could get the job done, unlike Vince.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I agree. IMO with KFC behind center we're the most complete team we've hard here in several years. However, with VY as the starter I feel like we have to worry about becoming a turnover machine and playing defense most of the game.

10. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Collins can have the ball where the WR will be, it seems like they are more confident and relaxed when KFC tosses it around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar