Young Returns to Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young returned to practice today for the first time since injuring his left knee in the season opener on Sept. 7. Wearing a compression sleeve on his left knee, Young participated in individual drills, 7-on-7 drills and took a few snaps in team drills. "He looked good. His legs are good, he moved around,’" Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We are going to pick the pace up (Thursday) and see how he is. … I need to see him continue through the week and progress physically." If Young plays well the rest of the week and doesn't experience a setback, he could be the #2 Sunday but it's more likely he returns as the backup to Kerry Collins after the bye week.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Can't say I'm too excited about the possibility of seeing Young back on the field.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

:barf:

that pretty much sums it up...

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm glad he's healthy enough to get back to practicing. He needs the work. Where this goes from here will come down to Vince, Kerry, and most of all Coach Fisher.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

interesting read from PFT (I know, I know)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/01/titans-face-a-big-decision-in-2009/#comments

"Whether Collins stays will depend in large part on whether Young does. We still think there’s a chance that, in the offseason, the Titans and Young will strike a deal to allow him to retire without having to pay back any bonus money."

I'm not sure what to make of this piece, probably pure speculation. However, it makes you wonder what's going to happen next off season especially wiith Vince making mention of retirement after his first season in the NFL.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Young didn't want to play, he could have milked the knee injury for much longer.

It's my hope that the news which has been kept under wraps is he is seeing a sport psychologist on a regular basis now. And if he's lost a little of that "no one can tell me nuttin'" stuff, he's dealing with his mental issues right now as much as the knee.

If he can deal with those emotions better, he'll be able to focus better which should only improve his reads, mechanics, etc.

7. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

How can this be a bad thing that VY is practicing again? You guys really annoy me sometimes.

VY will be back under center for some reason or another by the end of the year. I'm fairly certain.

8. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King has granted a special role for Baron Kerry Collins, he will be QB emeritus :tj: to the Titan chair (bench) of renown. He will spend his time advising Marquess Vince Young in how to make powerful career comebacks and how to pocket-pass.

The Marquess of Nashville, VY, will complete his best ever season as a QB. He will lead the mighty Titans to the final field of honor (Tampa) and return home victorious. :trophy::yes:

9. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

IMO, Vince Young is never going to be the QB most people thought he would turn into one day. Sad, but true.

QB's who can move are great, but you make your living with your arm, not your legs. He doesnt have what it takes to be a premier QB in the NFL.

10. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

funny they said the same thing about Cunningham, Steve Young, and McNair years ago...

I dont get the need to senselessly bash Young...I for one believe that we would be no different and still 4-0 w/ or w/o Young starting....Collins has done a phenominal job of not costing us games, but he hasnt exactly won us one either....in my eyes he is not making any plays that Young wouldnt make himself.

I could careless if Young ever becomes a "premier QB"...you certainly wouldnt call Eli a "premier QB" now...and as proven with Eli, the right situation/and a miracle catch, can win you a Superbowl.

But hey you guys can bash Young all you want...cause Im pretty sure if/when Collins screws up big and costs us a game, you'll be thinking maybe Young could of done better. Which was the whole reason he ended up starting his rookie year...but it seems everyone just blindly forgets that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar