Young Possible to Play Entire Second Half Against Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

It's time to be optimistic, and excited!!! If all the nay sayers are right, we want have the chance later...

I have high hopes, but even if I'm wrong...When was the last time we had so many new exciting players ?!! Can't wait to see them play.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Anybody know how McNair did in his VERY first preseason action?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

OR volek for that matter?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've not found a source for preseason stats which is probably a good thing. ;)

McNair's first real action took place in game #15 his rookie year. He was 16-for-27 for 203 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Only 10 yards on three runs. It was a 17-24 loss to the Lions.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm really looking forward to see how the defense has improved. We should have improved at about 6 positions based on replacing players and more maturity. From what I saw in practice Saturday they also have alot more attitude.

As for VY I hope he takes off and shows us some of what he did in college. He needs to be free to play his game.

7. I wanna see if Young can handle the pressure of taking snaps from the center more than anything...

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

harsh? naw... silent bob's friend jay is harsh

I take it that list is arranged in order of importance/priority...:hmm:

So in other words you are more interested in seeing your friend Pacman Jones again then you are your centerpiece/franchise qb of the future we have in this young champion selected in with the 3rd overall pick in the nfl draft. You have him slotted between conduct fouls and the accuracy of the kicker. When you told me you would be wearing a purple ravens #9 jersey to the game, I thought you were only kidding. Well at least you have your eye on the carrot![​IMG] I don't see how anyone couldn't get hyped up to see VY's first snaps from under center. How about Barry Sanders? Now that's one way to make an entrance. :yes:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no, but i found this

1995: Saw his first NFL action on the Oilers' last two series of the fourth quarter at Cleveland (11/5/95) after beginning the game as a dressed-third QB. Saw first significant action of the season versus the Lions (12/10/95), replacing Chris Chandler (mononucleosis) at the start of the second half. First completion was a five-yarder to WR Haywood Jeffries, while first TD pass was a 39-yard strike to Sanders. Made his first NFL start versus the Jets (12/17/95), connecting on 13-of-27 for 198 yards and one TD (Jeffires).

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yes it is in order of importance. The first 6 and possibily the ninth thing listed should happen before Young even gets in the game. They are more important (including Jones) than Young getting into the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar