Young on Crutches After Win

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young left the Titans locker room on crutches after spraining his left knee late in his team's 17-10 win over the Jaguars. "The biggest concern that I have right now, not knowing, I don't think it is serious about Vince," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We are going to do some studies, some tests on his knee." Young iced his knee and apparently was good enough early that team officials said they thought he could talk to reporters. But he was moving very gingerly while trying to get dressed with crutches at his locker and left without talking to reporters.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't think anyone is going to be upset if he sits out a game or 2 to get better.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Until Collins blows

4. Deuce Wayne

No. Even if Collins blows. Then there'll just be 2 qbs we don't want starting.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I want Vince Young to start, but It's clear he looks uncomfortable in the pocket...I'll stand by my excuse to blame the OC's.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I want VY to actually sit the next game. This gives him rest, more studying the playbook, longer to look at the 3rd game, rest, and hopefully his knee will heal so he can run more effictively.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Quote for emphasis.

8. Deuce Wayne

But the question is - will he ever run? He neglected the run today, and still got hurt.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think he failed to run any today because of his hamstring. His left hamstring was wrapped and I saw him kind of rub on it a bit on a couple of occasions.

10. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

I wonder what Dr.Elrod, the team doctor thought on the on-field ortho exams.
    I am a physical therapist and I know he was checking his ACL.

The tests didn't look good, I thought....looked like he had a lot of laxity in his knee with both tests he did and he kept pressing on the medial meniscus area, which will usually tear and have pain in that area with an ACL. Man I am crossing my fingers hoping he's OK.
    Hopefully it was just some sort of sprain and the hamstring soreness also went along with the knee stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar