Young Likes Big Target in Crumpler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Alge Crumpler's connection with Vince Young has been obvious this offseason and especially in the minicamps. Young likes the big target he has in the 6-foot-2 Crumpler who sees everything the QB finds at the line of scrimmage. "I feel he's going to help me out a lot because he's been in the game a long time, and he knows where to be at the right time, especially in certain coverages," said Young. "If I don't get my receivers, he knows where to be so I can find him and get the ball to him." Even in 2007, when Crumpler missed a couple games with a sore knee, he still caught 42 passes for 444 yards. His five TD catches would have led the Titans, who had only nine TD passes in 2007.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Hopefully, he can provide VY with a red zone target. Also, he can might be able to mentor Sciafe, who should be a Top 5 TE when he hits his prime.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2PBe2d3lCqw

It seems like people are judging Alge on last season, and forget what he can do with a scrambling Quarterback. In my eyes he feeds off his quarterback escaping the pocket, rolling out, and giving crump more time to find the gap.

If this guy can make Vick a pro bowler, Vince should be well on his way to a 20 TD season.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If he's healthy, he's a force to be reckoned with for sure.

5. vslyke

He and Dinger will raise VY's passer rating by 15 points.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

5 Td's, drooling.

Seriously, I hope he is a weapon for us, but I have never considered the TE to be critical to anyone winning a superbowl. It seems like all those teams who had great TE's actually got better when they got a great WR afterward. I hope he makes plays and turns out to be a nice safety valve, but I'd prefer not to be looking for him in the red zone. Then again, when there is noone else to look at....

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Pro-Bowler, well has the potential.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

eh, not in the afc with the likes of tony gonzalez, antonio gates and kellen winslow II

9. vslyke

Gonzo is getting old, although he did have a great year last year. Winslow is also hurt, but he is every year. No easy way for an AFC tight end to get in, but he has a real shot, IMO.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

don't think gonzo will make it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar