young leaning towards senior year

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've always wanted to know if a junior had any way to find before they declare where they might go in the draft. Can they hire a consultant, for example?

If he was to find out the Titans might take him at #3 and he would be groomed behind McNair a year or two if he'd change his mind.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

funny that the Titans weren't even mentioned in needing a QB but the Jets were

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I've wondered the same thing, Jeff. Uncertainty has to be one of the things holding him back, but if he knew (or was as certain as he could legally be) we were interested in taking him at #3, I think he seriously consider declaring. Also, if he wants to learn under Steve, if that's the best situation in his mind coming out of college, then he has to understand now would be his best opportunity to come here. And then of course, New Orleans could always surprise and take Young over Leinart.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I believe they can hire some kind of consultant, just not an agent. Legal or not, somebody is telling these kids where they are likely to be picked.

6. Broken Record

From the NCAA guide for student athletes... "You may seek counseling about a future professional athletics career through your institution's professional sports counseling panel. The sports counseling panel can help negotiate a contract, set up an agent interview program, obtain disability insurance and help you understand the NCAA rules."

Also... "You may request information from a professional team or organization concerning your professional market value."

And... "You are permitted to use your institution's sports counseling panel or your head coach to contact agents or professional sports organizations on your behalf. (Panel members or the head coach are not permitted to receive any compensation for such services).

http://www.ncaa.org/library/general/career_in_pro_athletics/2004-05/2004-05_career_pro_athletics.pdf

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the way I see it (and as I heard earlier today on the radio)

If Texas wins the National Championship, Young will declare
    if Texas loses, Young will return for his senior year

it may not be as cut and dry as that ,but its a good theory

8. I'd like to see Young taking over for McNair in 2 years, besides he is tutoring him, what is a better thing than pick him to be our QB of the future, trade Billy for a 3rd round pick to the Jets...

We need a mobile QB like Mac

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The good thing if Young does come out, we are almost assured a chance at either Leinart or Young, unless someone trades with Houston for a QB.

10. Broken Record

Supposing we do get one of the quarterbacks and McNair stays on to mentor for a couple of years, how might that affect our cap? I wonder how San Diego is handling it with both Brees and Rivers? Is Rivers making more than Brees? Wonder how much of their cap is taken up at the QB position. I'm assuming a 3rd overall QB would make more $$$ than say a LB or OL.
    I'm sure this information is out there, I'm just feeling too lazy to look it up... I did my googling good deed of the day by looking up the NCAA rule for pro prospects. haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar