Young has Mixed Game at Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thats my opinion about his game play anyway..

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

6 turnovers a game would be 96 for the season. VY actually had 16 turnovers last season, his 1st in the NFL. So I don't think we need to be concerned about him being a turnover machine.

Only two facts were of even the slightest importance: 1) he played one snap; 2) he didn't get hurt. Check and check. Good pro bowl.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He belonged there as much as Grossman did........: )

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have no problem with people saying that it doesn't matter how he played, or reasons why he played badly, but come on, you can't say he played well. I'm glad he got to be there, and played a bit, but that's it. He didn't play well.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Speculation on my part, but I think what happened was that VY thought the rb was gonna curl (turn around and stop) so he threw it right where he thought the RB was gonna be...but the RB ran an out (turned and ran towards the sidelines) so the ball was well behind him. Considering VY can make a nice tight and accurate throw to the sidelines on a timing comeback route at 12 yards (a much longer throw), it's hard to believe he'd miss the RB by several yards throwing the ball only 5 yds in front of him. I think it was a miscommunication (and he wasn't the only one miscommunicating with WR's).

Normally, those things happen in All-star game when guys aren't used to working with each other...and probably one of the reasons all the QB's didn't throw well statistically.

Gut

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Phislamma...

Slamma, many offensive players have had huge games in the pro bowl. In fact it is usually a high scoring affair. That's because defenses are vanilla and can't blitz. This one was high scoring also and the afc put up 445 yards of offense. your contention that a QB can't play well against those defenses is simply historically untrue. Carson palmer played well against it..
    Not only did vince young have to play against pro bowl defensive players but he had pro bowl guys on his own team. Right?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince made the game worth watching. I watch it every year anyways, but Vince coming in as an alternate same as McNair last year... he didn't look like total crap. As a fan of the guy one can't help but accentuate the positive. We were lucky to see him there anyways. He didn't look anywhere near as crappy as McNair did last year. I'm proud to have a Pro Bowl qb even if he is an alternate.

8. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Always fun to see your favorite player play one more time, but I wouldn't put ANYTHING into his performance or anybody's performance in the Pro Bowl.

It's supposed to be the best of the best, so, assumedly, if a player does well it should mean that they're among the absolute elite in the league. Not so. Nobody tries hard, the playcalling is intended to entertain the fans and get every player involved....it's not an NFL game.

Reggie Wayne, for instance, dominated. Probably because it was his first Pro Bowl and he really wanted to be there, unlike Peyton Manning who didn't give a CRAP.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If you are using yards as a barometer. Vince young not only played well, he was near great. The AFC put up 445 yards. Vince Young, in one quarter, was qb for drives of 65, 18, 9, and 57. That is a total of 149 yards. That accounts for 33% of the offense. 1/3. When you would think it would only be 1/4 if he had an average day. Vince Young Alone was directly responsible for 96 of those yards. That is 22% of the total offense for the day in only one quarter of action. That is, in fact, quite remarkable. It's almost as if he was carrying the team on his shoulders. It just didn't look that way. It looked like he was handing off to Tomlinson, but he was actually accumulating offense not only with his presence, but with his god given skills.

Everybody seems to forget that his rushing yards count.

From a yards perspective, he had a remarkable day. Vince is deceiving. but he moves the ball. That is the story of his career thus far. He moves the ball. One way or the other.

As far as pro bowlers on pro bowlers, you have a logistical point if players aren't trying, however, if they are, it's a lot like matter and antimatter. The vast majority of Pro Bowls beginning with the merger were relatively low scoring, 20 of 26 games from the 1970 season through 1995 featuring less than 45 points. That is almost 80% were hard fought low scoring grudge matches. It really depends on ig they are trying or not trying. And you just never know.

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I'd just like to point out that none of the AFC QBs completed more than 50% of their passes, keep that in mind when you judge VY's numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar