Young has Mixed Game at Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. getting there and playing is a positive i think

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Young was fine at the probowl. he soulda played the rest of the game but whatever. I kno for a fact young will earn his spot in the probowl next season. and by the way cool titans picture lol

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Young wasn't fine..

In less than 30% of a football game he had 2 fumbles, one lost and an int. He completed less than 50% of his passes. It was a bad game overall but it means little.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

He showed what we should expect of him at his first Pro Bowl. Some excellent plays demonstrating the positive things he can do....and some negative plays which need to be cleaned up.

For me, he didn't feel out of place...which is a good thing!

On a side note, I wonder if he did any 'campaigning' for the Titans while there. Afterall, he did get to hang out with some very talented players - one or more of whom could be free agents very soon.

I wonder what he thought of Adalius Thomas.

Gut

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

true but at least he was voted on the Pro bowl team, not an alternate that got in because McNair stepped to the side

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

His int was simply a terrible play. Not sure what he was thinking.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not important but it was not a good game....

There were 70 plays run by the afc in the game. Young was involved in 23 of them or 32% of which 10 were handoffs. He ran or threw the ball just 13 times and on three of those plays he fumbled twice and threw an int. How can we say that a QB who turns the ball over 15% of his passes or runs has had a decent game?

That's like having 6 turnovers in a full game!

Multiply every thing X3 and young had the equivilent of a 12-30 game for 213 yards with 45 yards rushing, 3 fumbles lost and 3 ints and no TD runs or passes.

It means nothing, doesn't mean he is a bad player but an honest assessment of his play in that short time can't conclude he had anything but a bad game..

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Uhmm, that was against probowlers with a new offense. You are allowed to play poorly, because everybody does, so as long as you put up points, that's a pretty good day. Especially given the weather conditions, which you hear swirling around in the mikes.

Even when you get to the playoffs, a qb's numbers will go down, cause he's playing better players. So for the probowl, it's ok. You still had a good day.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's a terrible way of looking at things. you cant just say since he threw one INT in one quarter he will throw two more.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Many of VYs games in 06 were considered 'bad starts', yet he found a way to turn most of those games into victories. That comes to show he's still a rookie and will make rookie mistakes, but its nice to know that he's one of the best in the league at finishing games. In time he will learn to handle an entire game from start to end. I bet thats whats he's telling everyone.. "don't throw me in there for 5 minutes, throw me in there for an entire 60 game"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar