Young gets a hand in Titans' draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMHO I would consider Paul Williams a good shot at being our #2 WR. Maybe not from day one (he might be IMO) but by seasons end.

If Roby doesn't get his act together I could also see the Florida State kid playing the #3 fairly quickly.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

have you forgotten who the coach is :grrhee:

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

"Merrill? Can I see you in my office, please?..."

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Orr just seems far more athletic generally than these guys. Maybe they'll pick it up in camp.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

You are aware that Paul Williams brother was a first round draft pick and played in 4 superbowls? And that his other brother Curtis started every game his junior and senior year for Washington before he was injured and was also on track for a solid NFL draft before his injury?

Paul's criticisms have never been his athletics as everyone has always said he's a "terrific" athlete and the Fresno State coach said he had the potential to be "one of the greatest receivers to ever don a Fresno State Uniform." His quantitive numbers(size, strength and speed) have always been excellent, he just hasn't always played up to his potential.

I'll be interested to see what happens during the year and how he performs, but raw athleticism is not the problem.

I don't know enough about the other receivers to comment, but I grew up near Fresno and have seen and played against Paul. Edit: So I know I am obviously biased, but really his athleticism is incredible. He needs to perform and improve in the WR skills, but the athleticism is there.

6. Deuce Wayne

I didn't know that. Did you know that his dad was a farmer and lost his finger in a corn-shucking accident? Where'd all that stuff come from? I don't care what his brothers did.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

And you know this how. Season hasn't started yet........heck training camp never started yet. Your opinion is fine but he hasn't done anything yet to prove you right.

8. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Nevermind. Athletic ability seems to run in families, that's what I was pointing out, and he has the genetics of great athleticism. But whatever, its not like you care or want to find out anything about the draft picks that might not go with what you already believe. I was just pointing out that if you want to criticize our receivers, criticize them for their weaknesses, not their strongest strengths, unless you are saying their strengths aren't strong enough. In which case you should at least know about the strengths to effectively criticize them... But to each their own I guess.

I now return you back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gloat, where are you getting your opinion of orr? We didn't even see him this year, so on what basis are you saying he should be better than the others? What makes you think he's more atheletic. This goes back to above, these comparisons are silly when we aren't actually seeing much from any of them.

10. Deuce Wayne

Just from preseason. He hasn't looked spectacular, but he looked quick and agile. Made a few catches in the air. Just judging tape vs tape he looks better than our drafted guys, but none of our drafted guys look good on tape so it doesn't say as much for Orr as it does them.
    And yeah, I got ya on the athleticism being in the genes. It's true, but doesn't mean he's got more of a shot because he has good fam. Like this Palmer kid, Carson's little brother, nobody is expecting much from him although his bro is going to be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar