Young gets a hand in Titans' draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Everyone knows Australians have smaller balls......:ha:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, if you insist ..... today !

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat you are kidding right?

We used a 2nd rd pick on a RB, 3rd and a 4th rd pick on WRs. Why would vince object to that? Just because we didn't use our top pick in the draft on a WR? Is vince a baby now? We are trying to improve the whole team not just WR.

Isn't one of the biggest complaints about this draft that we used too many picks on offense and not on our 32nd ranked defense?

On top of all that we brought in a fellow longhorn to the fold. Vince should be very happy..

Only issue for me is that darrell jackson and randy moss were both traded for 4th rd picks and either of those guys could have helped us right away. Had we obtained jackson with the early 4th rd pick we really wouldn't have needed to draft another WR and could have used those picks on other needs.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's OK, at his age he forgets his name too.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All I know is if we had picked Meachum in the first round many fans would be drooling, the Mel Kiper's of the world would be spouting off how we really got VY some help and everyone would be much more content.

The facts are however that Paul Williams IS NOT a huge downgrade from Meachum and possibly has as good of a chance of making an impact in this league. Taking Griffin bolsters the worst spot on our defense with a guy who potentially be another Ed Reed.

Also, even though Henry is certainly a feast or famine type player his upside is enormous. At the very least he should be a backup who can catch the ball on passing downs (he has soft hands) and if he ever gets into open territory we are talking about a guy who's 100 meter numbers are as good as Tedd Ginn's.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't get why you said tomorrow or today?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Like I said, quality over quantity. Sure, we got a few receivers, but none are better than the guys we already have. Actually, Roydell and Orr both have more potential than any we picked up. So if they aren't good enough, why would these bums be?
    Our starting 3: Brandon Jones (good, but not sure if he can be good against the #1 corner every game), Justin Gage? (it's pathetic if he's our #2), and I don't know who else. And then we wait, skip out on all the decent receivers to get a few that will be lucky to hang around for more than a season or 2.

So if you're Vince, and you had completion problems last season, your team just got rid of your #1 and #2, your best receiver is injury prone and might not even pan out as a #1, and your #2 is Justin Gage - and your team drafted not one receiver that'll help you this season. Wouldn't you be upset a little bit?

8. Gloat, i completely disagree, i think that the receivers that we drafted have way more upside than the ones on our roster besides Jones and Orr

9. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Paul Williams -Campus: 4.41 in the 40-yard dash … 300-pound bench press … 470-pound squat … 308-pound power clean … 302-pound hang clean … 38-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-5 broad jump … 35-inch arm length … 10 1/8-inch hands … Right-handed.

at 6'1'' 205 with a productive season under his belt I would say that's a lot of potential.

Longest arms and largest hands in the draft IIRC. A decent amount larger than even Calvin Johnson. Jacoby Jones, 6'3'' 215, has around 7 inch hands in retrospect.

I think this guy could blow up with VY. He can make the tough catches and has the long arms and 38-39 inch vertical to go get the ball

His undoubted biggest concern is his work ethic and attitude and we know what kind of effect VY has on those around him. I think VY can straighten this guy out and I'm sure the FO looked into the situation and talked with VY about the match. I truly believe this is one of the guys they targeted.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd get my hopes up if it weren't for how we mis-used Tyrone Calico.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar