Young Feeling More Confident in Third Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As he enters his third season, Vince Young wants to show how hard he has worked to improve. "I'm feeling more comfortable reading the defenses a little faster, getting the ball out of my hand, making good throws," Young said. "I've come a long way, definitely come a long way. I've still got some work to go." Hard work in combination to a new offense under Offensive Coordinator Mike Heimerdinger and the Titans studying how teams have been defending Young should lead to a big improvement over his 9 TD, 17 INT season last year. Young's hard work is being noticed by his teammates. "Everybody sees it," Mawae said. "Anytime your quarterback can bring that temperament into the huddle, it only makes for a better chance of having success. There's never been a doubt in our locker room or in our huddle that Vince is the guy that can get the job done. He's shown it over and over again, and this is just going to add to him."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With some of the comments from Mawae at the end of last season, it appears he's changed his tune a bit towards Young.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

True. I do wonder if that was all part of Mawae's plan. Give Young a dose of humility at the end of the season, in hopes that it will inspire Young to commit more to becoming a student of the game.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you cant say you improved during the offseason, it's a whole different ball game out their on the field.

Time will tell if VY has really improved. in 9 days he gets a taste of the action vs the Rams.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

To some extent VY needed a little humility but that usually comes along when you have a year like Young had last season. The key IMO is for Young to really be confident and not just say he is. Not ****y but confident. One of his problems is worrying about what others think, say and write about him. He needs to just let the game come to him and utilize his instincts. Good things seem to happen for him when he does that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Well said... I have no doubt he's putting the work in that it takes to improve, and I like to see that. Hopefully that dose of humility mixed with hard work and an OC like Heimmerdinger who won't let up on him will settle him back down into his game. These next 2 years are pretty critical for him - he looked like a 2nd year QB last year. Once he hits 3-4 years he needs to turn the corner. I'd say we've seen enough to believe he can make it, but we've also seen enough to know it's not guaranteed.

7. actions speak louder then words

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar